McAfee did something to my IE7

Ok long story:

I uninstalled my old McAfee that came with my computer ( Trial Version) and installed a brand new copy of it from the box. Little did I realise i needed the "sticker update" program to install on vista. So I reinstalled McAfee yet again, but through the sticker update program.

I let it install all its updates and restarted to apply them.

On logging on the next time, McAfee and all its other stuff had uninstalled itself. Also my gadgets were messed up. So, Yet again I tried to reinstall McAfee, but the sticker update program displays nothing else than a small gray box and a button with the label.... "Label"

iewhyhaveyouforsakenmecwv8.th.jpg

I think its something to do with IE7, I dont know what exactly :p

Help me please :D

Did you upgrade to Vista without uninstalling the older version first?

imho mcafee causes more problems than it solves (thats coming from someone who uses NIS 2007). I would seriously look at reloading your machine then installing NOD32, it came top in all the tests and when my subscription expires i'll be using it.

Did you upgrade to Vista without uninstalling the older version first?

imho mcafee causes more problems than it solves (thats coming from someone who uses NIS 2007). I would seriously look at reloading your machine then installing NOD32, it came top in all the tests and when my subscription expires i'll be using it.

Well Ive got the McAfee subscription so i may as well use it.

I did upgrade my vista, but the dell vista upgrade assistant did that for me, and i even remember seeing it uninstall.