Installing The Same Program Twice?

Question

How do I install the same program twice without the installer finding it already installed?

I have a program I want to install on another drive on my computer but when I try it already finds it installed in C:

When I run the install I get:

3z8ysg6.jpg

I want to install it on the second drive so I can test the update without changing my first install.

Hope this makes sense to someone

Thx

-Jay

9 answers to this question

Installers might have switches that let you do that, but I don't know what they are. You can usually extract most installers using Winrar, or 7-Zip, or Universal Extractor: http://www.legroom.net/software/uniextract

and then run the app directly from inside the extracted folders, without actually installing it. That doesn't always work because some apps need to copy certain files to the system folder, but give this trick a try anyway since it doesn't modify anything on your system.

Try installing it from a different user account on your computer.

Or try right-clicking on the installer and Run as... a different user with admin rights.

Simple - just make a copy of the original installation folder! You don't need to run the installer again, infact, you shouldn't. It'll work from the second location as well, since the registry keys are already present.

you may copy all files in folder to the second driver.

you may copy all files in folder to the second driver.

BINGO! Thanks, Dont know why I didnt think of that

-Jay