New ObjectDock (1.9) out

When I compared RocketDock to objectdock, there are good and bads.

Cons of ObjectDock

When puting the ObjectDock over the bottom taskbar is glitches and you try to klik something with zoom it

intterupts the theme and shows a nasty default/basic skin while you scroll over icons.

It does the same thing when you put windows near it.

Has trouble booting sometimes, It didn't boot today, gave me error and it froze, I have the plus version of 1.9

sort of unstable

Need plus to actually get some good usage and customization out of it.

Pros of ObjectDock

Nice looking themes that aren't same variations of boxy rectangle.

Tabs are F***ing awsome.(Plus only)

Good funtionality (Drag and drop shortcuts etc..) *same as rocketdock

Pop-open folders are awsome (Plus only) (sry)

Cons of RocketDock

Not many fancy dock themes that are out of the "rectangly box" dock

no mouse over effects just some basic ones like zoom which isn't as kool as object docks

Pros

Very reliable

Has all the features you'd expect

It's ****ing free!

That's my 2 cents

Has trouble booting sometimes, It didn't boot today, gave me error and it froze, I have the plus version of 1.9

sort of unstable

Are you using the latest update from Stardock Central as you have the Plus version?

It's ****ing free!

Well there is a free version of ObjectDock as well. :)

Are you using the latest update from Stardock Central as you have the Plus version?

Well there is a free version of ObjectDock as well. :)

Yes I'm using the latest update.

Yes it has a free version, but doesn't have all the features which truly would make it superior.

The paid version has the features that surpass RocketDock. And it will always be like that.

RocketDock is Free and whatever feature put in will be free and will always be free.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible if I want ObjectDock to behave in such a manner - autohide/off-screen when my applications are maximized but visible (i.e. always at the bottom) in the desktop? I've tried the various interaction options already but to no avail.

That's a specific option in OD Plus, but for the free version I use "hide in background when not in use". Not the same thing though, but it will keep it out of the way of windows.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave this a try and so far not too bad. I do have one gripe... it keeps shutting down for no reason. I'll be surfing on the web or playing a full screen game and when I'm done and go back to the desktop objectdock is gone sometimes. I check the processes and nothing there... pretty lame.

I gave this a try and so far not too bad. I do have one gripe... it keeps shutting down for no reason. I'll be surfing on the web or playing a full screen game and when I'm done and go back to the desktop objectdock is gone sometimes. I check the processes and nothing there... pretty lame.

hmm, that's actuallly really odd. And you've used other docks and don't have that issue? What about previous versions of objectdock?

hmm, that's actuallly really odd. And you've used other docks and don't have that issue? What about previous versions of objectdock?

This is my first time ever using Objectdock. I've used Rocketdock before and never had that problem.

I would suggest clearing the cache at local settings\application data\stardock, and then reinstalling. Also try disabling any docklets. :)

This is my first time ever using Objectdock. I've used Rocketdock before and never had that problem.

Ah, maybe it's just this version. Either way, might as well keep sticking wth what works for you.

Are you trying to get the system tray displayed in a tabbed or "zoomer" dock?

Either one. On the normal one, nothing is displayed. If I add a system tray tab, nothing again...

Clipboard-1-42.jpg

Either one. On the normal one, nothing is displayed. If I add a system tray tab, nothing again...

Do you have the latest updates through Stardock Central? I would suggest trying the beta release that is up.

:)