Wireless Mighty Mouse Issue

So, I had a wired Mighty Mouse that was awesome. So, when the fiancee went to NY and the Fifth Ave. Apple Store, I had her pick me up a bluetooth one for my Macbook. I just got it, and upon installing the software and pairing it, the whole thing is just sluggish. I move it around quickly like I used to with my wired one, and it skips all over the place, or if it manages to keep up with the movement, it translates it into a really slow, jerky movement. Anybody know the cause of this?

So, I had a wired Mighty Mouse that was awesome. So, when the fiancee went to NY and the Fifth Ave. Apple Store, I had her pick me up a bluetooth one for my Macbook. I just got it, and upon installing the software and pairing it, the whole thing is just sluggish. I move it around quickly like I used to with my wired one, and it skips all over the place, or if it manages to keep up with the movement, it translates it into a really slow, jerky movement. Anybody know the cause of this?

Bluetooth operates on the 2.4GHz spectrum, it's possible something might be interfering with it (such as a cordless phone)? Using brand new batteries?

I think it's my N router. If I'm anywhere but home, the thing works perfectly, if I'm here it exhibits the problems above, and my Airport Signal drops to 75%, even though I'm about 4 inches from the router.

I think it's my N router. If I'm anywhere but home, the thing works perfectly, if I'm here it exhibits the problems above, and my Airport Signal drops to 75%, even though I'm about 4 inches from the router.

Yeah that sounds like the cause.