Xbox Live Download Licenses

I just have two related questions.

Question 1. Long story short, I'm on my 5th 360. And no, the problems on the previous four were not my fault.

Anyway, my Live Arcade titles and a few downloaded TV shows now only work when I'm signed in to Live, just as Microsoft intended, since I'm using the hard drive from the 3rd 360 on my current 360.

I was just wondering, has anyone called 1.800.4MY.XBOX and complained about having to get a new 360 but using an original hard drive with all your information only to find out your downloads will no longer work offline?

I've heard people say they called MS to explain the situation and that MS came through for them but I've never seen concrete evidence, only rumors. Is there anything MS can even do?

Question 2. If I still had the console that originally came with my current hard drive, would other Live accounts on my 360 have access to my Arcade titles and their achievements, etc.?

1: yes they can fix it...takes a few weeks though (they fixed all of mine)

2. yes but only if they are signed on your console. If they sign on another console, they will be trials again

1. Sounds good. Did you just call Xbox support and explain the problem? Not much hassle?

2. That's fine. I bought a few Arcade games using my account but I wanted my girlfriend to be able to play them on her account as well. And that's not possible right now.

So if I call them and they can help me, my girlfriend's Live account on my 360 should have full access to my Arcade games, right?