No sound in Spiderman 3

I got my copy of Spiderman 3 the pc game yesterday, but when the mission movies are playing there is no sound :s. I've already tried reinstalling but that didn't help. Google didn't help also...

Is there anyone that also has this problem? And is there a solution?

The normal gamesounds are all there, it's just the sounds when the movies are playing. There is nothing wrong with the drivers as far as i know... and yes everything is plugged in.

This might work. I've had that problem with older games. The fix is easily reversable.

Start->Run->dxdiag

On the sound tab, try setting it to standard acceleration if it's not already. Or, try Full if it is on standard.

Codec problems maybe. Do normal movies play fine?

Yes everything plays fine.

This might work. I've had that problem with older games. The fix is easily reversable.

Start->Run->dxdiag

On the sound tab, try setting it to standard acceleration if it's not already. Or, try Full if it is on standard.

I have 2 sound tabs, but none of them let me select acceleration :s

Also, i thought it might come in handy to tell that i'm using Vista Home Premium.

If its the same engine as Ultimate Spider-Man (Perhaps?), that game had problems with sound as well.

Are there any official Spiderman game forums, because if there are then I suggest you have a quick search around there, because there may well be more people with your problem.

It happens sometimes that there's no sound during the cutscenes. Actually there are background sounds but no speech. I noticed that it only happens if I have previously minimized the game (to do something else) and then came back to the game.

• Jim K locked this topic