Aero Diamond

did you patch vista for using customized visual styles?

the taskbar should change the color/style as it does here and for many others (hopefully :whistle: ). the sidebar style can only be changed due an extra style - which comes with the first aerodiamond.rar and i added an extra dl link today so you can just grab the sidebar skin there.

do you mean the green progressbar? it's firefoxs "problem" not one of the windows style. :shiftyninja:

check out first post please. :laugh:

@all

i released AeroDiamond Final 1.1 just now.

mirror site not working?

• 3 weeks later...

I'v read the .txt ..and do it by the same ways as it wrote .. but

I put Diamond in to\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes , but when I double click on it(.msstyles) .. why it shows XP theme but not Aerodiamond ..... what happened with my steps

and pls show me steps by steps ....

It's a lot of Thanks ..

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using this and it seems fine. I took some pics with his recommended setting and the default glass coloring for all to see.

Recommended Maxed:

maxedtg2.jpg

Recommended 2:

untitleduk3.jpg

Default coloring:

regpi0.jpg

edit: sorry, its maxglass and its hard to find which is which, i thought the first one was it. they both seem the same however. It is a good theme, get it and thanx for the skin mclaren2. I'll try and get some more screens

Whats up?

Where did you get this theme?

I can't find it anywhere.

Please help?

new update out ... quite a few changes...so it's AeroDiamond 1.2 Reloaded now ... click on the image below to go to post 1 where you'll find 3 dl-mirrors.

adrlpromomy6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why I am getting this white line under the taskbar? It does it when the taskbar is at the bottom too. Only with this VS.

untitled1ne3.jpg

Anyone know why I am getting this white line under the taskbar? It does it when the taskbar is at the bottom too. Only with this VS.

untitled1ne3.jpg

wow ... so far i didn't even notice that. :o

but i will investigate this over the weekend and try to fix it of course. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance of going back to the older color scheme? I liked the taskbar more white a lot more. Now it's just grey and too plain looking IMO. Still waiting for that nice white vista theme that was leaked a while back.

Not to be a jerk, but you can't go about changing a whole two resources and call it a brand new theme.. Thats like using a magic marker, crossing off a spiral notebooks brand, scribbling on the corner, and calling it a P-P-P-P-P-Power Book! (Yeah, reference to when that guy owned that scammer) ..

Not to be a jerk, but you can't go about changing a whole two resources and call it a brand new theme.. Thats like using a magic marker, crossing off a spiral notebooks brand, scribbling on the corner, and calling it a P-P-P-P-P-Power Book! (Yeah, reference to when that guy owned that scammer) ..

uh whats your problem? that's basically what everyone does atm. maybe just because no real great vista theme prog is out yet?

anyway since you don't offer constructive suggestions but only cheap bashing i'll ignore that. the views and numbers of downloads speak another language. :)

Any chance of going back to the older color scheme? I liked the taskbar more white a lot more. Now it's just grey and too plain looking IMO. Still waiting for that nice white vista theme that was leaked a while back.

yes i think there is a chance i will do that.

uh whats your problem? that's basically what everyone does atm. maybe just because no real great vista theme prog is out yet?

anyway since you don't offer constructive suggestions but only cheap bashing i'll ignore that. the views and numbers of downloads speak another language. :)

yes i think there is a chance i will do that.

Just ignore him. He obviously has no idea WTF he is talking about.

Anyway, back to the theme. I was thinking something more along the lines of this. Every Vista theme is either black, grey, or fully transparent. What's really lacking is a nice and bright theme. I love idea of regular Aero, but white. I think your earlier versions started out on that path, but the theme got darker and darker every version. That's not to say it's not an awesome theme in it's current state, just that I would love to see that white concept developed further. Anyway, thanks for your hard work and I look forward to seeing your next version (however you decide to go with it).

Since reloaded I see that it turned from aqua blue to navy blue

is there an option for the old aqua blue in the newest reloaded

if not please add back that was the best color ...

• 2 months later...

Please help, after copy aerodiamond-folder (which contains aerodiamond.msstyles file and a folder "\shell\normalcolor\shellstyle.dll) to %windir%\ressources\themes

doubleclick on aerodiamond.msstyles new window will appear, I DONT NOT SEE "aero" style in the list or the 2nd one.

Do I need to take out the original AERO folder.

I triet the, then doubleclick on aerodiamond.msstyles , I saw in preview box, look weird. Is that normal and keep click yes to change it.

Thanks for your help