wireless mighty mouse or not

wireless mighty mouse or not  

39 members have voted

1. 1. wireless mighty mouse or not

• Yes
    • No

Hey, many of you highly recommends the wireless mighty mouse for its cool appearance, while many others are against it due to the difficulties in controlling the mouse and, perhaps, its short life span. So, should I buy it or not? Will I eventually get used to it? (I'm a designer so I wanna ask if the mouse is good enough for designers)

I voted No.

I've found the Mighty Mouse to be just awful for any kind of design work. Its tracking isn't good on short distances, and is erratic from time to time.

Personally, I use a Microsoft wireless Intellimouse Explorer. Of course it doesn't look as good as the Mighty Mouse, but the tracking is fantastic. That's what counts.

don't get it. ever. in any form. It's the worst thing that has been created by apple within the last decade.

So now that you've decided not to get it (great choice!) I would highly suggest Logitech. Logitech is all I've ever used for mice, and I think 95% of people would agree they're the best.

Agreed. I don't like any of Apple's mouses. I use the Logitech MX Revolution and love it.

I have the VX. By any chance, does yours stutter from time to time?

my brother has not complained one bit about his. he absolutely loves it. i have little experience with it but from what i can tell, it is very nice.

No, go with a Logitech; you won't be disappointed. I've got both the MX and VX Revolution mice and I love them both. I use the MX on my desktop and the VX for my laptop.

I have a Mighty Mouse, wireless Mighty Mouse & wirelesss MS IntelliMouse Explorer 2.

The MS IntelliMouse Explorer 2 is by far the better mouse. Feels better (to me), smoother, has more buttons, accelerated scrolling etc.

The thumb & finger button on my wireless Mighty Mouse requires so much pressure to click it that it's unusable (seems OK on the wired Mighty Mouse for some reason). So it only leaves me with 3 usable buttons (+scroll ball), whereas with the IntelliMouse Explorer it has 5 clickable buttons +scroll wheel.

I have the VX. By any chance, does yours stutter from time to time?

I've never seen it stutter. It's smooth as butter. I didn't install the Logitech software though, as it's just not good. I use SteerMouse.

I had a wireless keyboard and pointer few years back, apart from running out of power easily, I did not like them.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a wired MM for a few months, and really, it's more of a cool novelty than a mouse that is meant for extended use through thick and thin.

As some of you may know, I'm an Apple loyalist, and with good reason. But I must yield to good sense and admit that Apple dropped the ball with this mouse.

Scrollball issues, same as nearly everyone else - persistent gunking up, difficult to clean, etc.

Ergonomics - not bad, but not great. The slick surface collects grime like you wouldn't believe, and if your hands are warm enough to perspire, prepare for an unpleasant (and sticky) experience.

Tracking - average, nothing special. I suppose it's alright.

Side-squeeze buttons - these will eventually cease to function entirely or at best, function sporadically. Give it time. See the legion of scrollball-related complaints, and you'll get the idea.

Conclusion. Logitech's offerings trump this Apple loot-bag stuffer quite easily. And they feel so much better in the hand. I don't even use a mouse, having experienced the joys of a trackball (Logitech Trackman cordless.)

(From a lot of reviews of the bluetooth version of this mouth, the problems are much the same, although I've never tried the bluetooth version. Then again, I really don't want to.)

Apple's leading beacon of stupidity was always their mice. First the single button mouse, then the "mighty mouse", which is another button slapped on, with a scroll ball that stops working pretty fast.

Just get a Logitech or a Microsoft mouse. They're way ahead of Apple's offerings.