:'-( for Pandora

It's a sad day when a service as cool as Pandora has to shutdown it's service (to me) because of laws. It gives me deja-vu back to the days when Napster had to shut down their doors. For those of you who don't know yet:

Tonight we began the heartbreaking process of blocking access to Pandora for listeners outside the U.S.

It's hard to think of anything more anathema to who we are than turning off someone's radio, but the current legal realities leave us no choice. While the DMCA provides us a blanket license in the U.S., there is no equivalent in other countries. After a year of work, only the UK and Canada have shown enough progress for us to feel comfortable allowing continued access.

http://blog.pandora.com/pandora/archives/2...ing_pandor.html

In the end, Canada got blocked too :( I was toiling with a few different proxy servers and couldn't get it working, so rather than bothering with that headache, people have recommended me Last.fm in the past anyways. So atleast there's another service to turn to. :cry: for Pandora, and damn you american law makers :angry: !!!