Pulse in my neck is so annoying

I don't know if anyone else has had this, but each time I lay down, it seems to beat more, and it's reall irritating.

Even standing up/sitting down or what ever, I can like, feel it..And when I turn my neck to the side and keep it there it feels really uncomfortable.

Anyone had anything like this before?

Mate, if you didn't have one, you'd be dead.

You coming down with something? It could be a possibility?

I know I'm meant to have one.

It happened after I shouted really loud. I THINK.

Not sure if that would be the cause but yeah.

It's not uncomfortable all the time, but most of the time I can like feel it without touching it. Irritating.

I'm not getting a cold or anything..

I've had it for about a week and a half now.

You've probably just pulled a muscle in your neck through shouting. Nothing to worry about, although if it carries on for another week or so I'd possibly get it checked out?

You've probably just pulled a muscle in your neck through shouting. Nothing to worry about, although if it carries on for another week or so I'd possibly get it checked out?

I was just thinking that too. Because when I move my neck, it doesn't feel like it usually would.

Also, the scream was new, so maybe I took the neck muscles by surprised and pulled one.

I've had this before.

No idea what caused it, but it went away after a day or so, and hasn't been back since.

Just one of those things I guess.

Get it checked out could be a problem with your Carotid Artery.

Hmm. Any symptoms I could look out for incase it is a problem with this?

I'm only 16. Am I still illegible of having something wrong with it.

edit

Carotid artery disease occurs when the major arteries in your neck become narrowed or blocked. These arteries, called the carotid arteries, supply your brain with blood. Your carotid arteries extend from your aorta in your chest to the brain inside your skull.

You are more likely to develop carotid artery disease as you age. Only 1 percent of adults age 50 to 59 have significantly narrowed carotid arteries, but 10 percent of adults age 80 to 89 have this problem.

Fortunately, you may be able to prevent or slow carotid artery disease. Quitting smoking is the most important change you can make to avoid this disease. Other ways to prevent carotid artery disease include:

? Exercising regularly

? Eating a healthy diet

? Maintaining a healthy weight

I do all 3 of them things. (Apart from eating healthy) But yeah, I'm fit as.

ive had this before , like the time i turned my head really fast and felt something snap , was really painful at the time , but it went away after a few days. Was definately a vain or a nerve. Shouldnt worry about it too much unless it is causing you serious discomfort then go see a doctor about it.

ive had this before , like the time i turned my head really fast and felt something snap , was really painful at the time , but it went away after a few days. Was definately a vain or a nerve. Shouldnt worry about it too much unless it is causing you serious discomfort then go see a doctor about it.

A snap? :o

Mine isn't exactly painful, just feels uncomfortable when it's around. Sometimes I wouldn't even know it's there, like when I'm not thinking about it.

It's there when I lay down though.

yeah turned my head too quickly playing footy, and i felt a vain/nerve snap in my neck. Not sure what it was but at the time it was very very painful. But the pain subsided over a day or two. I think youve probably just strained a muscle/over exerted it. If it is still the same after the week see a doctor and get ti checked just incase :)

yeah turned my head too quickly playing footy, and i felt a vain/nerve snap in my neck. Not sure what it was but at the time it was very very painful. But the pain subsided over a day or two. I think youve probably just strained a muscle/over exerted it. If it is still the same after the week see a doctor and get ti checked just incase :)
Is it pulsing like a heartbeat? Or just a twitching muscle? Try eating some bananas (potassium).

Hmm. I have indoor soccer on fridays and soccer on sundays, I do a lot of screaming in that. Maybe I injured a muscle or something like you said.

I'll let it rest for a week, if nothing is better i'll go see a doctor.

Thanks for your help guys :)

If your carotid artery was broken in some way you'd probably have had a stroke by now.

Take it easy and go see the doctor if it doesn't sort itself out soon.

try stretching your neck in all directions and getting a massage... i'm sure something must have just moved around in there it will just need to be relaxed back into place.

I had this when I was about 15. It was so weird and actually scared me quite a bit. It would start doing it for no reason. If someone watched my neck, or I did in a mirror, it was possible to see it pulsing hard, like something living inside of me haha. So I went to the doctor and had to have an ECG. In the end, it turned out to be nothing serious and they said it was probably related to stress or something. It happened less frequently over time, and now the last time I remember was at least a year ago.

Im going for the clogged cartoid artery theory, defiently get it checked out.

Just cause your slim etc.. does not mean anything you could have excessive cholestrol production etc.. clogging up those arteries.

Better safe then sorry or one day your gonna wake up with a stroke.

Palpitations in the neck can be caused by a variety of things. As I'm only as yet a second year medical student I wouldn't be qualified to make any kind of diagnosis. Most palpitations are harmless, but some can be a sign of heart trouble, which could be fatal if left untreated. I would definitely see your doctor if this continues.

Medline Plus: Palpitations

It was getting better, then I had indoor soccer and shouted really loud and off it went again. -_-

I think I just need to rest it. It seems to be feeling alright now though