Zune owners opinions please

Well ive just brought a Zune off ebay.com and the seller ships to the UK which is brilliant, just a few questions

1) shipping was $14.95, is that expensive to the UK? as ive told the seller if its not enough i will paypal him some more funds

2) whats the Zune actully like to use on a day to day basis? reviews and pictures can only tell you so much

I aint been reading much about them to be honest but i had the cash so i thought what the hell, ive wanted one ever since they came out, and no ive got one (well not yet but wil have soon)

Quite nice. Screen is good. Gets a lot of "ooh"s and "aah"s.

Feels nice and solid. A decent little player.

I sold mine because I hated the software and it doesn't work in OS X or Linux.

I'm not sure about the shipping, but the Zune is very nice. There are only two concerns that you will really run into.

1.) If you have really small pockets, you may want a belt clip case. It is just a little bit bigger than an ipod video, but some of the cases for it can make it big, like my DLO Folio case. Its a good thing I have cargo pockets :) I am NOT saying the Zune is huge. I am saying, however, that if you get a case for it that is not a pouch, they tend to make them big.

2.) Make sure to turn off the wireless when you aren't using it. Most people who complain of poor battery life don't realize that leaving the wireless on eats up juice :)

Overall, I love the thing. Nice big screen, nice and bright, and high quality playback of videos, music, and pictures. You should enjoy it.

(And as PureLegend said, if you don't use Windows, you may want to send it back)

yea thankx guys

ive been reading a view reviews & watched thr cnet vid, they all said about the wi-fi signal, btw whats the equalizer like?

also does it play mpeg and avi? without having to re-recode then? as i know a few of my avi's have special codec

The files have to be in .wmv format, it can change the file type though sometimes to .wmv from whatever it was.

I use my Zune for about 6 hours a day. I can't complain with it, I love it to death and I won't get rid of it until a 2nd gen Zune makes an appearance. Oh yeah, mine doesn't get scratch very easily either..which is a good thing for me, because if I was to own an iPod i'd be in trouble!

cool thankx about the file formats.

i had to do the same with the old creative zen media center i used to have