Burj Dubai

I think its absolutely amazing how far we can go but the world biggest tower in the middle east?! (www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com) Its a magnificent place if you view it. The reason their doing all this is because their main source of income is oil. Once it runs out they got nothing so for now their extremely rich. So they're preparing for a second source of income. Which is tourism its an awesome place but I don't know about it. By the way their oil is suppose to run out in 2011.

I think its absolutely amazing how far we can go but the world biggest tower in the middle east?! (www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com) Its a magnificent place if you view it. The reason their doing all this is because their main source of income is oil. Once it runs out they got nothing so for now their extremely rich. So they're preparing for a second source of income. Which is tourism its an awesome place but I don't know about it. By the way their oil is suppose to run out in 2011.

also I read that a lot of rich Arabian people are investing their money into Dubai so the city grows. So I think they are backing the city.

• 1 month later...

I see stereotypes :-)

Dubai has never replied on Oil.

The UAE does.

But Dubai's main source of income has always been trading.

Now tourism is competing with trading.

And no. Its not going to run out of oil in 2011!

btw. There are many other spectacular architecture wonders in Dubai other than Burj Dubai.

VidER

You think terrorist will ruin the tower? Its now the worlds second tallest tower.

Well anything tall and worth alot of money to a country is always a terrorist threat...but theres so much else they could "destroy" in Dubai

I lived in UAE for a decade. Its economy is not based on oil, it's actually based on its financial power. Their investment firms, the famous Dubai firm that placed a bit for New York City's ports, and others are the main source for the nation's wealth. UAE, one of the smallest countries in the Middle East, is simply trying to become one of the best tourism spots in the world. It is one of the more Westernized countries compared to Lebanon, Iran, Oman, Yemen, etc.

I just see these skyscrapers as one of its many projects in its effort to become something like Miami.

• 10 months later...

I just read this story a few minutes ago, and it's pretty crazy indeed. The Burj Dubai edges the Warsawa radio mast in Poland (which measures 646 meters). As if that wasn't insane enough, the planned expansions will make the tower about 819 meters when it's done.

I'd imagine Dubai is a nice place... if you're in a high income career. People like me would probably end up living like common folk.

I lived in UAE for a decade. Its economy is not based on oil, it's actually based on its financial power. Their investment firms, the famous Dubai firm that placed a bit for New York City's ports, and others are the main source for the nation's wealth. UAE, one of the smallest countries in the Middle East, is simply trying to become one of the best tourism spots in the world. It is one of the more Westernized countries compared to Lebanon, Iran, Oman, Yemen, etc.

I just see these skyscrapers as one of its many projects in its effort to become something like Miami.

The financial power that it got from the oil ...

i personally live in Dubai, and yes the country does get it capital from limited oil resources, mostly due to the fact that all the royal families across the middle east are family, and they freely trade. but on the whole, Dubai retains its worth from foreign invest. i think Dubai hold 10% of the world's cranes, construction here is 24/7, it doesnt stop.

I see stereotypes :-)

Dubai has never replied on Oil.

The UAE does.

But Dubai's main source of income has always been trading.

Now tourism is competing with trading.

And no. Its not going to run out of oil in 2011!

btw. There are many other spectacular architecture wonders in Dubai other than Burj Dubai.

VidER

indeed the place is quite beautiful.

an oh yeah... tourism and trade are the biggies.. but you forgot all the illegal money, drugs, and blackmarket trade--> that counts for craploads more money. :D

Well anything tall and worth alot of money to a country is always a terrorist threat...but theres so much else they could "destroy" in Dubai

Not if the "terrorists" are supposed to be Arabs themselves.

As a matter of fact, 'anything tall' also faces threats from natural calamities, like earthquakes or hurricanes.

Edited by fuSi.eOn

Such an amazing project they have got going on over there..

Ever wonder what will happen when there is a high wind or it starts to lean to one side as the land below it starts to wear away ><" ..

Yeah, it's cool, I used to live in Dubai and I enjoyed watching it being built. I had to move to Kuwait though. Apparently there is going to be an even bigger one here in Kuwait, and an even bigger one built in Saudi Arabia.

You think terrorist will ruin the tower? Its now the worlds second tallest tower.

Na, imagine how much money terrorists could have by controlling the UAE.