Wireless connection still needing Wired connection?

Hi everyone,

I just recently moved from a wired broadband connection to wireless. I am on Tiscali (don't know if that matters)

I used to have a Sagem modem to dial into the broadband connection, but now i got a Belkin F5D7632 uk 4a router and its connected to my comp via the usb wireless network adapter F5D7050 using WEP security :p

Everything works fine... i'm using ie7 but very very rarely and randomly when i am surfing, the connection dialog comes up to connect via my wired sagem modem. its always the same page that does it, if i press cancel then it goes into work offline mode. wireless connection is still connected.

i've cleared my internet cache, but is there some internet setting i am missing?

on a side note, i've been trying to share documents and a printer from my desktop pc (winxp) to my dad's laptop (vista) i've put on the sharing on for my docs (that mini icon comes on the folder) and on my printer, when i go to the laptop it finds my machine, but when i try to access it, it says that i dont have access to the resources, ask a network admin. but as far as i know i have enabled everything on my xp machine.

thanks for any help.