'RGB [Full]' explained with pictures

Yea I turned it on and stuff looks a lot better now. Didn't even know it was a new feature till I stumbled on to it two nights ago.

Woa cheers for this topic, i knew the feature was added but i never even thought of applying it! But now and i everything just looks so much cleaner, even just the XMB!

Thanks. Is this supposed to be an HDMI 1.3 feature only? I mean, one of HDMI 1.3's features is the wider color range, if I'm not mistaken.

Wikipedia on HDMI 1.3:

Optionally supports 30-bit, 36-bit, and 48-bit xvYCC with Deep Color or over one billion colors, up from 24-bit sRGB or YCbCr in previous versions.

http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/...te.html#xvColor

Sony on the "Super white" option

A TV that is compatible with x.v.Color (xvYCC) must be connected using an HDMI cable. The x.v.Color logo can be found on devices that support "xvYCC," which is an international standard for color space in moving images. An advantage of x.v.Color is that it can reproduce a wider color scale than the conventional standard.

Anyway, super white != full RGB... I guess then, that the super white option is only available for those using tv set that are hdmi 1.3

Edited by Julius Caro

Thanks. Is this supposed to be an HDMI 1.3 feature only? I mean, one of HDMI 1.3's features is the wider color range, if I'm not mistaken.

Wikipedia on HDMI 1.3:

http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/...te.html#xvColor

Sony on the "Super white" option

Anyway, super white != full RGB... I guess then, that the super white option is only available for those using tv set that are hdmi 1.3

No, it's not for HDMI 1.3 only.

I play PS3 on a computer monitor, and this setting makes a huge difference for me. Great update! :D