[Football] England v Brazil

The first England international at the new Wembley. Beckham is back. Owen is back. Some of the best players in the world are on the pitch tonight.

It should be good :p

The first England international at the new Wembley. Beckham is back. Owen is back. Some of the best players in the world are on the pitch tonight.

It should be good :p

Yeah just going to watch it :D

Come on Brazil England :D

Since when has Kaka had an R in it? Motson seriously does my head in :D

Have you not heard of that new Brazillian player called CaCar then :p?

David Pleat is the worst for pronounciation though :rofl:!

Have you not heard of that new Brazillian player called CaCar then :p?

David Pleat is the worst for pronounciation though :rofl:!

Pleat annoys me!!!...thank god its BBC

Boring first half I thought...only a couple of chances...

Yer I was expecting more, but hey, it's England!

Lumpard is crap. Bring back Nicky Butt :p. Gerrard has been our best player.

England nicked Ring Of Fire, anyone else hear it? It's Liverpool's song!

Yer I was expecting more, but hey, it's England!

Lumpard is crap. Bring back Nicky Butt :p. Gerrard has been our best player.

England nicked Ring Of Fire, anyone else hear it? It's Liverpool's song!

Funny could have sworn it was a Johnny Cash song :laugh:

Crap match all in all, I was disappointed with Alves considering Liverpool where after him, he has been class when I have seen him play before though...hmm!

Does anyone else think that Lumpard should be dropped? Hargreaves and Gerrard should play in centre midfield.

Funny could have sworn it was a Johnny Cash song :laugh:

:p

Well we have been using it since 2002 ;). It's like You'll Never Walk Alone, we may not have wrote it, but it is "ours".

Edited by Martyn

Crap match all in all, I was dissapointed with Alves...hmm!

Does anyone else think that Lumpard should be dropped? Hargreaves and Gerrard should play in centre midfield.

Yeah Lamps is crap now a shadow of his former self...I thought Beckham played well tonight but all in all I think Big Brother had more action...and I think the middle tier of Wembley agreed :D

I don't think Steve Mclaren could've put out a worse side but place your bets now that Beckham and Owen start against Estonia.

Also did Alan Smith realise he was playing football because all he seemed to do is let the ball go past him :p

Yeah Lamps is crap now a shadow of his former self...I thought Beckham played well tonight but all in all I think Big Brother had more action...and I think the middle tier of Wembley agreed :D

I taped Big Brother :p

Lampard is not crap, its just the fact that we are used to seeing him play in a totally different style for Chelsea week in week out that we expect the same performance when he is called up to the national squad, unfortunately this is never the case in recent months.

If i were the coach, i would pick Beckham for definate, i think he has earned his place more than anyone and tonight he was Englands best player in midfield, Gerrard is a certainty, and i would pair Gerrard with Carrick, Carrick playing more of the holding role and ball player, i think England need that as Lampard and Gerrard are too similar, and Gerrard is overall the better player.

Upfront it has to be Crouch and Rooney, Owen is getting there and im sure he will come good again.

Overall the best England performance for a while, we can go into the game against Estonia very confident of a comfortable victory, play at Premiership pace which is what the guys are used too and are best at, and im sure we can cruise to the European Championships in 2008.

Same old England.

Get rid of Lampard, Smith, Jenas and Brown...wtf!!!

Owen - Rooney

Cole - Gerrard - Carrick - Beckham/Lennon

Bridge - Carragher - Terry - G Neville(Micah Richards?)

Lampard is not crap, its just the fact that we are used to seeing him play in a totally different style for Chelsea week in week out that we expect the same performance when he is called up to the national squad, unfortunately this is never the case in recent months.

If i were the coach, i would pick Beckham for definate, i think he has earned his place more than anyone and tonight he was Englands best player in midfield, Gerrard is a certainty, and i would pair Gerrard with Carrick, Carrick playing more of the holding role and ball player, i think England need that as Lampard and Gerrard are too similar, and Gerrard is overall the better player.

Upfront it has to be Crouch and Rooney, Owen is getting there and im sure he will come good again.

Overall the best England performance for a while, we can go into the game against Estonia very confident of a comfortable victory, play at Premiership pace which is what the guys are used too and are best at, and im sure we can cruise to the European Championships in 2008.

Rooney is suspended unfort hence why he didn't figure tonight...

Brazil is 5 times world champion...

And your point is....?

Threw that away at the end. I thought we actually had a pretty good game. As always the worst thing England can do is lead on goals. They seem to go on the defensive then and let the opposition take pot shots.

Glad Beckham is back, he helped create a few chances. Chances that have been missing since his departure.