Thread deleted?

Probably for the best. I'm sorta getting tired of getting ****ed off by anti-mac comments in mac forums. It's getting old. Either eliminate the Mac forum, or maybe the mods could actually do their job and stifle some of that crap. Especially comments by some pre-pubescent slug that's probably never laid his hands on a Mac before.

:crazy:

Hello

The thread was locked by myself for persistent flamewars and going off topic. It was later moved by Dazzla off the public forum. Please be mindful that flamewars can quickly explode once you respond to childish or ill mannered members. It is best to ignore them rather than feed the trolls, so to speak. Know that whilst everyone is entitled to their opinions, there are far better, more responsible ways of getting them across without resorting to name calling. Because of this, what was once a perfectly good thread, was then spoiled.

Note: When a thread is removed please DO NOT create a thread about it asking why. Please PM the mod responsible or the moderator for that forum

Keldyn

Forum Super Moderator

Ok, I'm feeling like crap and I suppose I shouldn't reply, but I am.

That thread was just about a single person plugging a digital camera into an iBook and iPhoto pulling the pictures, that turned into 6 pages of people slagging each other off, abusing each other, PM's sent to myself regarding the thread, harassment of other members and was completely off topic. I mean people were arguing calling eacother idiots and other things I won't mention here just because they used another platform.

These types of threads really do my head in. Someone can ask something like "how do I take a screenshot?" or "how do I use themes?" and you're almost guarenteed to have someone come in and say "OMFG, macs suck, they are so sh!t, don't waste your money" or some crap like that. That is breaking the rule which states that incitement of abuse and hatred is against the rules, there is no need for these types of posts other to infuriate and wind people up and quite frankly I'm sick of it. I'm all for open debate/flame wars on PC vs Mac or PC vs whatever, but blatently coming into a thread, taking it totally off topic and resulting in a slanging match is where I draw the line.

I'm sure people will call me a nazi or whatever but who cares, that thread was a mess. If I cleaned it up and put it back in the Mac forum, it would just be 4 posts left out of 84, that's how bad that thread was.