Weird result from Xbox 360 AV HD cable

I think I maybe ordered the wrong type of xbox 360 av cable. I didn't get the MS branded ones, just a pair off ebay. I plugged the cable in, the power cable, and received an odd result. On my Dell 1907FP, I currently have it hooked up by DVI cable so that I had vga free for my xbox. I hooked everything up, but when I clicked the switch button on my monitor (farthest one to the left), it switched to vga but there wasn't any picture.

What exactly is going on and is there any way to use what I have?

reseat everything naturally and restart the console. other than that it could be faulty cables. there's no way you ordered the wrong variety as they only have one!

your PC isn't turned on at the same time, right?

reseat everything naturally and restart the console. other than that it could be faulty cables. there's no way you ordered the wrong variety as they only have one!

your PC isn't turned on at the same time, right?

It turned out to be me just overreacting without thinking about what was going on. Other than the monitor, the cables don't use your computer so when I had them plugged into my video card, of course they did nothing. I plugged them into the vga port on the monitor itself and of course that solved that. :p

It turned out to be me just overreacting without thinking about what was going on. Other than the monitor, the cables don't use your computer so when I had them plugged into my video card, of course they did nothing. I plugged them into the vga port on the monitor itself and of course that solved that. :p

That's kind of funny but sad :laugh:

don't sweat it, when i first got my 360 i thought the headset was supposed to be like regular headphones, you know, actually output ALL sound. it's the excitment of the moment, it gets to you.

don't sweat it, when i first got my 360 i thought the headset was supposed to be like regular headphones, you know, actually output ALL sound. it's the excitment of the moment, it gets to you.

Well I overreacted because I thought this was another person that tried to screw me over on ebay since I just recently started buying. I had one bad purchase experience so far, and I thought this was going to be another. Funny how things turn out. :D

I can't comment too much on the cables just yet, I did put the resolution in 1280x1024 for 720p testing, and everything worked. I am still waiting for the logitech game adapter so I can finally have surround sound from my setup.