Laptop Beeping Every 30 Minutes

I have a Gateway 7330GZ Laptop running XP and it's about 2 years old. The specs can be found here: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gatewa...s/4997sp3.shtml

The problem is that it beeps once every 30 minutes like clockwork for 2 days now.

I tried disabling the Beep driver, didn't work.

I checked the power settings, it's set to beep when the battery is low. But I always have it plugged up and rarely use it on battery power.

I checked my computer for appz that may be scheduled to beep every half hour, there are none.

It beeps when I have Windows running as well as when it's shutdown and when windows is not running.

What's the problem here, it my laptop dying? :cry:

Haven't tried that yet, but I know it's going to beep again in about 11 minutes, so I'll shutdown and bring up the BIOS and see what happens.

Be back with an answer soon.

I read about the Gateway battery recall yesterday, so I tried that too, yesterday.

Kept at out for little over an hour and it beeped twice on 30-minute intervals.

Sorry I forgot to mention that, I'm tired.

BTW I also muted the volume and it still beeps, so I'm clueless as to what the problem is.

Only thing I can come up with is that maybe the Motherboard Battery is dying, beeping to let you know it needs to be replaced like a smoke detector does...

Try buying a replacement battery if you are willing to take it apart to get at the battery on the motherboard.

Oh crap, figured it was probably something like that, but I'm clueless as to how to do that.

I'm not very computer hardware savvy. Where would I buy the battery from and how do I open up the laptop to replace it correctly?

Go to Gateway website and find manual for your model. Replacing battery is not tricky, just like replacing your battery watch.. Just be careful with those small components

Take out your old battery and bring it to the shop and buy same model

Edited by blaszta

if its under warrenty send it in, if not get on the phone to gateway and ask. As if i were you i would not go and start opening a laptop if your not computer savy, as it could make it worse (i dont mean to be rude)

Okay guys, thanks for all the replies.

It's out of warranty and I don't want to miss anything up, so I'll probably call Gateway and send it in.

Hope it won't cost that much.