XBoX360 Home Entertainment System? Or No?

When I got my 360 last year I never thought I would be able to do this. I now control my whole home network through my 360. Music, Videos, Movies and Pictures! Everything is easy to access. Everything I have on my pc is watchable through my tv! Its great but I just wanted to find out if anyone else uses it or do you just have it for games!!!

I use my 360 as a media center extender to watch live or recorded tv but i use my modded xbox 1 for everything else.

I use my 360 + Vista as a media extender, works good, not great, just good.

I'd like it to have the ability to read ifo files in a DVD Library type thing, so I can copy all my DVDs on to the

media extender without ripping the DVDs into a single mpeg file first, like I can with Media Center on Vista itself

hopefully whoever is stopping that from happening will come to their senses and allow it.

I hope one day to be able to use my 360 for everything... for now I still use my xbox/xbmc since I am not entirely happy with the transcode 360 performance for my divx collection.... to the person who said to rip the movie to WMV... the majority of my movies are already divx and it seems like a waste to have to convert it to wmv...

With Transcode 360 yes, without it the console is just useless to me. All I want is Divx and proper Xvid support like everyone else, instead I have to rely on a superb third party app.

I use my 360 for the lot, set up as a media extender from Vista Media centre, My Movies plugin for cataloging films, Transcode 360 for playback of non supported formats.

All works like a charm :)

Media extenders are useless to me. I want to store my pictures and videos (converting to WMV if neccessary) easily on the hard drive, otherwise there's no point to having it there.. :crazy:

I use it occasionally for media but it being 30cm from my PC means that I usually go the PC. It's alright but for some reason the "random" in song playback is absolutly never random and I'm forced to go pick a song after starting just to make an artificial offset.

That and the actual UI for medias pretty crap IMHO. It's just too slow when you have a few thousand tracks worth of songs.

But for the odd video clip and occasional background song while in a game...sure.

I use Transcode 360! I have about 90+ Divx / Avi Movies 100% working now! Streaming from my PC in my Comp. room to my Television in my living room. It works great! The UI I am using is the one from Windows Vista Media Center. If you have Windows Vista Home Premium Or Windows Vista Ultimate I would recomend using Transcode360 so you can Stream Divx/Avi files! With the Media Center you could add music and pictures aswell works like a charm!