[UFC] BJ Penn vs Jens Pulver

Wow, what a match from BJ Penn. He completely controlled that whole match. Anyone watch it?

Wow, what a match from BJ Penn. He completely controlled that whole match. Anyone watch it?

Thanks for not marking your spoiler! :rolleyes:

No worries, I personally tend to mark spoilers at least a day after the event to allow people to get a chance to see the replays.

Anyway, on to the fight,

I was surprised to see BJ at Lightweight again. Does that mean he's given up on the Welterweight belt? If so, the Lightweight guys should be worried, BJ can be deadly!

The fight was deadly but one thing I always seem to notice in BJ's fights is that he never capitalises on his submissions. (Except for the finish of course) However, he had loads of chances last night and quite a few against Matt Hughes in their last meeting, but his opponent always seems to escape. Either his opponent is lucky or his submissions aren't good enough. He did manage some good takedowns last night though.

Edited by Zoom7000

No bj hasn't given up on welterweight.. he has said numerous times that he would ONLY go back to lightweight to fight jens and now that he's done so will beef back up and fight in welterweight again, while jens will continue in lightweight. Also about your comment regarding BJ and his submissions, if you watch lastnights match again carefully, myself and everyone i watched it with lastnight agree that it seems as if BJ let him go out of the 1st round submissions to beat on him more, and jens pretty much admitted it after the fight that BJ didn't want to just submit him but he wanted to put a beating on him.