Calling any Houston area member

I just moved here less than a month ago, and I'm curious as to how games are shown on TV. I'm from New Orleans and am naturally a Saints fan, and after last season, I can't wait to see more of them. In NO, CBS aired AFC games and FOX aired NFC games. Since the Texans are an AFC team, is Dallas shown on whatever channel shows NFC games? Are Saints games ever picked up in Houston? I'm very much dreading not being able to see the games on TV and as a last resort, following it online. I have Charter available at my home and am getting digital cable, and when football starts, I intend on getting the sports package for $4 more, which includes the NFL Network. However, is the NFL network a single channel that keeps you up to date on all games? Can I choose to watch the Saints? I don't want to spend $250 with satellite just to catch more games than I really care to watch. Please tell me there's hope :cry:

Edit: Also, could an admin please move this to the Sporting Arena? Thanks.

Muchos gracias. Now, any takers? I know I'm not the only person in the Houston area that's on Neowin that likes football... right?

*bump*

Anyone...? :cry:

I assume the $250 refers to the purchase of the NFL Sunday Ticket package (the one that shows every game in every market).

If you did get a regular satellite connection can you not pick your "local" ABC, NBC, CBS affiliates? Can you not live in Texas and choose Louisiana stations?

I assume the $250 refers to the purchase of the NFL Sunday Ticket package (the one that shows every game in every market).

If you did get a regular satellite connection can you not pick your "local" ABC, NBC, CBS affiliates? Can you not live in Texas and choose Louisiana stations?

I have no clue. I've never had satellite before and am getting digital cable through the local cable company. I spoke with some people earlier that do watch football and they said FOX usually shows a double header, with Dallas definitely being among that double header. I guess I just have to hope that most games for Dallas are in a different time slot than New Orleans. :|

I'm in Houston.

I know that we are usually on ABC or NBC I think NBC, while the cowboys are on a different channel.

I can't remember exactly how it works, but you'll figure it out. I know that whatever games are on for ABC or NBC or Monday Night Football you'll be able to watch most games if not all.

The channels that gets sports down here:

- Fox Sports SouthWest

- Fox

- ABC (can't remember)

- NBC (can't remember)

- ESPN