J.J. Abrams' Cloverfield Questions

Shouldn't that be posted in the thread about seeing the movie and not the thread leading up to it? I haven't seen it yet :|

Good Point!...I just thought most people who frequented here had seen it.

Cloverfield Monster Fully Revealed

You've seen most of the Cloverfield monster in the movie, but now Hasbro has finally revealed its full figure of the creature. The limited collector's edition (only available here) features 70 points of articulation and incredible life-like detail, authentic sound, is 14" tall, includes 10 parasites, two interchangeable heads and a Statue of Liberty head accessory.

2viqwid.jpg

2viqwid.jpg

2ntwqwg.jpg

I loved the friggin movie went to see it release day and I wanted to see it again. Can't wait for it to be on video :(

I loved the friggin movie went to see it release day and I wanted to see it again. Can't wait for it to be on video :(

I want it on BluRay, I hope Paramount comes to their senses and drops the exclusive support for HDDVD.

Toy Fair: Hundreds of Photos of the 'Cloverfield' Monster!

When Hasbro first revealed their toy based on the Cloverfield monster, we thought it was pretty cool, but it also looked like it was missing that "special something." Today Hasbro unveiled the toy at the New York Toy Fair and Figures.com was on hand taking hundreds of photos. Inside you'll find a look at the accessories that come with the beast, like the Statue of Liberty's head and a changeable head for the monster - too bad the giant buildings don't come with it (I don't think).

View those photos here :D

what a rubbish ending. Was very slow to start with. I did not like it.

What's so rubbish about the ending? The fact that they didn't live happily ever after.

no the fact how it ended so dam poor.

Oh yes this woman has a pole right through her. why aint she bleed to death

Then if the monster wa sin the park and the guy got killed how the hell they manage to get camera back....

Edited by tunafish

Because the big monster was there and as there no mention of any extended time you take it as it happening right thre. So its like 20 seconds after the guy gets eaten they get the camera and thus the monster would also seem to be near there....

saw it last night, WOW!

awesome film, thought the ending was pretty good,just curious as to what the Sequel view will be from.

Isnt it true that i read somewhere that the monster is only a baby, which is where the sequel could go to? the mother appears and wreaks even more havoc or some crazy stuff.

And what was it that dropped into the ocean at the end? anyone figured it out yet, as it was about a month before the actual events.

no the fact how it ended so dam poor.

Oh yes this woman has a pole right through her. why aint she bleed to death

Then if the monster wa sin the park and the guy got killed how the hell they manage to get camera back....

People don't always die from getting impaled

Because the big monster was there and as there no mention of any extended time you take it as it happening right thre. So its like 20 seconds after the guy gets eaten they get the camera and thus the monster would also seem to be near there....

Time can pass between when a video camera records (if you press stop then a day later press record again, there's no time difference on the tape)

to be fair as much as i enjoyed it there was the odd moment as Tunafish mentions that were a bit ropey but i enjoyed the movie enough to forgive those and i think it would have been very difficult to progress the story in the style that it was done without the odd discretion.

in answer to those particular points: I think the fact that she was impaled for that long a time and they just lifted her off was a bit much, especially as 5-10 mins later she is running full pelt down the street to get away and as tuna said the fact that they took the time to go back for the camera does kind of feel forced in just to keep the story going. But as I say i can let those sort of things go as I enjoyed the film enough to and it would have been worse to just leave it there at that point.

remember what I typed about the helicopter coming down? This pic well pretty much can conclude why it came down.

DSC_0080.JPG

Wow thats awesome but yeah we said that it took the helicopter down and its arms were long.

Wow thats awesome but yeah we said that it took the helicopter down and its arms were long.

but then again I have to watch how high the helicopter is again..

• 2 weeks later...

'Cloverfield' Blu-Ray Extras to Be Scrapped?

I can't say that I've ever heard of the website reporting this news, but if it's true I really want to spread the word in hopes that Paramount will give Cloverfield the Blu-ray release it deserves. According to an unconfirmed source, the website listed inside claims that Paramount is scrapping all of the extra features planned for the giant monster movie in order to get the Blu-Ray out in time. Read on for the story and cross your fingers that this isn't true - and if it is, expect a special edition down the line (double dip!)

From Tagruato Blogspot:

A lot of people worked hard for over a month creating some amazing extra features for the HD release of "Cloverfield." At first it looked like not many consumers would see these features, as the release was planned for HD-DVD like Paramount's other recent titles. But now that Toshiba's HD-DVD format is dead, Paramount is scrambling to release "Cloverfield" on Blu-ray - on the original HD-DVD street date. As a result, the current belief is that there's not enough time to program all the extra features (including lots of new story stuff, along the lines of the viral campaign's backstory) in time for the Blu-ray release, and all this great work will be scrapped."

It's quite possible that this is completely bull****, but it's quite possible that this is true in leu of the recent announcements regarding Paramount's default to Blu-ray.

If you have noticed, the head of the Statue of Liberty is small in the movie. This is definetly a big mistake that they have done in the movie. In the movie, the head of the Statue of Liberty is as big as 2 big cars. That's ridiculous.. the real thing is so large and like 10 times bigger than that in the movie. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have noticed, the head of the Statue of Liberty is small in the movie. This is definetly a big mistake that they have done in the movie. In the movie, the head of the Statue of Liberty is as big as 2 big cars. That's ridiculous.. the real thing is so large and like 10 times bigger than that in the movie. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The head is 17 feet in height, 10 feet wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lib...characteristics