AutoPatcher XP July 2007

Two small issues with AP July 2007 (beside those that have already been discussed)

1) European Union Expansion Font Update: it is installed correctly (at least, WU does not complain on it beng missing), but it never appears in blue, just like it's not detected)

2) KB921108: also in this case it never appears in blue; when I try to install it "by hand" I get the message "this software update cannot complete because it is already included with the version of Windows Media Format SDK installed on your system". Maybe this happens because I have installed WMP10 after the july update?

Paolo

KB921108 is replaced by KB923689.

the_guy

So what is wrong is the order in which addons and updates are installed?

I have installed may core, june and july updates, and then WPM10 addon. Should I install ALL by increasing date?

Hey guys, i've got a question:

Is there a dutch translation available for the may, june and july versions of autpatcher?

If there isn't: what's the best way to update a "clean" pc? Just install the feb 07 release of autpatcher (which is available in dutch) and let windows update do the rest?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Stygmata

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,,,

I'm new here!i'm on XP SP2 french version but i didnt find the french Autopatcher :( so my question if i install the english version of Autopatcher ,i ll get some problems on my french XP (bugs,,,)?

thnx

New bie, take a look at this topic that you will find the french ap. about installing any other language that isn't in your own language will not work. and, if you try install manually, you will have a lot of issues in your system. so, don't do it!

anything that you install in your machine can make your system a little bit slower. in this case, you are only installing updates in your system and making your machine more secure. i still know a lot of guys that thing that the first version of winxp is better, because it seems runs fast. that same guys blame everything because they got a virus or something almost each time that they go online. "it's just format", they say. but i really don't think that a full format is a solution. you must be protected, otherwise your AV/firewall will be useless. so, you must update your machine, even if this can make your system a little slower. you may update it by windows update or by AP. by WU, you will not get a lot of updates that AP has, but the size of download is a little bit smaller and you need download that every single time that you install a machine. with AP, even with a version of jan/07, you at least will have a lot less updates to do. and, if you have the release of the month, you most probably will have every single update ready to install

Hi,

Installing large numbers of hotfixes, patches and updates can fragment the files on your hard drive.

This is especially true on a clean XP installation.

You might like to check your registry and page file fragmentation using this free utility from SysInternals:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...PageDefrag.mspx

If these files are fragmented then this tool will also allow you to perform a boot time defragmentation of these files.

Kind Regards

Simon