New PS3 firmware to be revealed on Tuesday!

Patrick Seybold, the Senior PR Manager for Sony, has confirmed on the official PlayStation blog site that details for the next firmware will be revealed in the coming week.

"Early next week, we?ll have something on the firmware."

Will this one contain the highly wanted in-game XMB overlay feature? We'll just have to wait and see. Come this Tuesday (yes, Tuesday), let's hope our prayers are answered.

Source

Linksys just released a firmware upgrade that fixed "upnp issues". Hopefully that fixes the problem of losing internet connection on your PC when having media server enabled on the PS3.

I will test it out later tonight.

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=83

Rumoured to be leaked info on the update...

-Network–

- HTML has been added under network allowing users to view HTML documents saved on the PS3 HDD.

- Save HTML has been added as an option in the PS3 web browser. allowing users to save the source of the document to there PS3 HDD.

- Priority can now be set to Background downloading. allowing you to changes the order of when a download is active.

–Picture–

- New Sideshow Option [Effects Show] added.

- Picture Options added [black&White, Old, Worn, Overexposed] added under the options menu.

- Animated GIF Image support added.

–Music–

- Added Graphic Equalizer added under Music Options menu. all 7.1 channels are configurable independently.

–Settings–

- Keyboard Mapping has been added to the sections Keyboard section of settings. shortcuts such as the disk in drive, or a particular game can be set to a shortcut on the keyboard with a key not currently in use.

Very very cool...can't wait! :D

Speaking of the PS3...has anyone been able to play mp3s that are on a usb stick which is plugged into the PS3? I've tried mp3 and wma and the PS3 still says No Tracks :huh:

Very very cool...can't wait! :D

Speaking of the PS3...has anyone been able to play mp3s that are on a usb stick which is plugged into the PS3? I've tried mp3 and wma and the PS3 still says No Tracks :huh:

If the folder structure isnt right - the PS3 wont be able to see it just like that.

Try plugging in your USB stick - then press TRIANGLE on it to bring up the side-menu - then click DISPLAY ALL

Linksys just released a firmware upgrade that fixed "upnp issues". Hopefully that fixes the problem of losing internet connection on your PC when having media server enabled on the PS3.

I will test it out later tonight.

Is there an update for the WRT54G v5??

DD-WRT or Tomato

both 3rd party firmwares are much better than the original linksys one that shippes with the unit.

more options, more functionality, better stability, less rebooting the router when changes are made.

As for the PS3 firware update... I hope the add support for more video formats. I'll be picking up a PS3 some time before the month is over - so reading this kind of thread gets me pumped :D

The 1.90 Firmware update just hit Japanese PS3s. Let's dive in and see what the update entails:

? Ability to rearrange games on the XMB

? Option menu now includes "eject disk"

? Press triangle to eject games/CDs/movies in the XMB

? XMB backgrounds

? Change the folder classification

? Emoticons

? Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz

? Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI

? Change PS3 video settings in-game

? "Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"

? Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick

? Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games

? Add bookmarks

? Web browser security function in the browser's tool section

? Avatar moves during audio visual chat

The customized backgrounds and the emoticons are nice touches. Not a bad update, not a bad update at all. Hit the jump for a look at the emoticons.

<:) />We are getting it 2moro :)

" Add bookmarks "

Don't we already have that in the browser?

" Change the folder classification "

What is that?

" Web browser security function in the browser's tool section "

The console is locked down - what vira can it possibly get? :p

" Change PS3 video settings in-game "

Is this for R6V which looks crap in 1080p?

Nice update

When will this update come out in North America?

since japanese and european times are ahead, north america usually gets it the night before the release date. so if the release is the 24th, we might get it late tonight. not for sure though, but it's what has been happening for the past few updates.

• Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz

• Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI

What do these mean... or should I say... what beneffit will they bring?

but yeah.. the update list looks awesome, especially 'cause I'm picking up a PS3 tomorrow or Wednesday :D