{Soccer/Footy}Asia Cup

Anyone been watching the Asia Cup?

Pompey beat Fulham 1 - 0 while Liverpool beat South China 3 - 1

Friday now sees the final Liverpool vs Pompey where as Fulham play South China in the third place playoff

All the actions happens on Sky Sports 2 at 10.30am with the Fulham match being the first to be shown.

A great way to have the pre season at Hong Kong against 2 Premiership sides!!!

Going to be a great match between Portsmouth and Liverpool

Not seem picky, but for the sake of clearing any confusion the Asia Cup is the tournament going on at the moment between national teams like Japan, Iraq etc. The one with Fulham etc is the Asia Trophy.

I was in Bangkok whilst the Asia Cup was on and followed that and almost went to the Thailand Australia match apart from it raining the entire time. Also left Hong Kong the same day as the Portsmouth Fulham match in the Asia Trophy and missed that too which was frustrating.

As to Asian Cup, I think Euro is on a higher level.

Poor Chinese football...now almost every football fan in China is scolding the team, of course. The coach, Zhu Guanghu, is being called his names, which his surname Zhu has the same pronunciation as pig in Chinese.

lol @ asia cup.

Woot.. the pool are gonna win a cup this year.

Whats wrong with asia cup racist?

Since you're from ireland, I 'd expect that attitude towards asians anyway.

And Asia trophy and asian cup are too different competition.

Not much of an Asia cup though is it i mean two teams will be battling relegation, one team apparently going to win the premiership (or so they've been saying for the last twelve years). This is nothing more than a financial pre season which they will no doubt complain about half way through the season saying they are playing too many games much like Chelsea and Arsenal.

As for the other Asia cup/trophy whatever it's called but I'm seriously surprised it's a Iraq/Saudi final, i was expecting a Japan/South Korea final as both of these have far batter players. Hope i don't offend anyone saying that.

Hows it going down in the chumpionship?

Pomepy are now no longer a relegation team, we are now a mid table team that wants to compete for the UFEA cup spots.

Hows it going down in the chumpionship?

Pomepy are now no longer a relegation team, we are now a mid table team that wants to compete for the UFEA cup spots.

Much rather play in this league than the corrupt Premiership. Anyway good luck with that.

Where is it being held this year? My gf was on the organizing committee for the 2004 one in China. I don't like soccer much, but I went to a bunch of matches and it was pretty fun. I actually got caught in the riot at the end of the last match when they flipped over a bus :p. Now she's doing the 2007 Womans World Cup. So proud of her :wub:

Where is it being held this year? My gf was on the organizing committee for the 2004 one in China. I don't like soccer much, but I went to a bunch of matches and it was pretty fun. I actually got caught in the riot at the end of the last match when they flipped over a bus :p . Now she's doing the 2007 Womans World Cup. So proud of her :wub:

She works for fifa?

She works for fifa?

No, she works for a Chinese state owned sports company. She works closely with FIFA though. She actually got a job offer from them, but it looks like she's going to go to the 2008 Olympic organizing committee or ESPN China when she is done the World Cup.

Whats wrong with asia cup racist?

Since you're from ireland, I 'd expect that attitude towards asians anyway.

And Asia trophy and asian cup are too different competition.

Ahh there you go again with calling people racist! It is almost racist that you would say that you expect that attitude from the Irish. Please stop calling people racists. You're like a teen that got taught a curse word and blabs it everywhere without a care.

but I'm seriously surprised it's a Iraq/Saudi final, i was expecting a Japan/South Korea final as both of these have far batter players. Hope i don't offend anyone saying that.

Yep, to my surprise, Iraq has beaten Japan and entered the final, but I don't think Iraq is a strong team in Asia. I guess Saudi will win in the end.

It made me think of the final of the 2004 Asian Cup held in China. It's a China/Japan final, unlucky, with the hand of God like Maradona, they beat my team... :(

Pompey win on Pens against Liverpool.

Liverpool were good but just couldn't beat the defence, James made the best saves and is on form.

James also was cracking in the pen shot out.

Pompey just couldn't really attack today, but when it comes to the season, we will start playing better. After all it's pre season and teams don't mind loosing as long as they get ftiness and put in a good show. The managers aren't worried about loses, because they can motivate the player in the season.

Edited by Shibby

It would be so nice to see the Iraqi team win.

I never thought Iraq would win the cup, since Iraq isn't a very strong team, I think.

I thought the final would be KOR vs JPN, or KOR vs Saudi, or JPN vs Saudi, but as you've seen, I'm totally wrong.

I just remembered the poor Chinese team has ever beaten Iraq in the 2004 Asian Cup.

I guess Iraq is just as the same as Greece on the 2004 European Cup, if I'm not mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh there you go again with calling people racist! It is almost racist that you would say that you expect that attitude from the Irish. Please stop calling people racists. You're like a teen that got taught a curse word and blabs it everywhere without a care.

Did you even take the time to read what he wrote or just being a ass ?