[UK] Used to have BT phone and net, now switched to Sky

We used to be with BT for our broadband and phone but we switched to Sky for our TV, broadband and phone.

The engineer came today and now we have Sky+ and that works fine.

The thing is, how can we tell that the phone and broadband is now coming through Sky?

We haven't noticed any difference. We expected at least a little downtime as they swapped over.

He didn't need to come upstairs to change the router or anything, we still have the BT Voyager 2220V voice router.

Umm, I think speedtest sites show your isp when they start the test, at least http://speedtest.net does. That's probably an easy way to check your ISP and your bandwidth at the same time.

If your still using the BT router then it's highly likely you've not been switched to the Sky service yet. You should receive a new router from Sky and you'll get a few letters through the post from the broadband and sky talk. I'd ring up Sky just to make sure everything is moving along nicely.

Give it time, there is like a week(or more period) after which you get Sky TV installed before you get the broadband and talk services from what I here. I was already on Sky for ages but the broadband is awesome, I get full 16mb here :) Just wait and you should get a router in the post soon

I think the Sky broadband service has been pretty poor. A number of my friends switched on that chearp tenner-a-month deal, but they find that it randomly (not so) cuts out at late afternoon. Quite annoying, plus I don't like the fact that they pre-configure your router/Wi-Fi settings too.

Im in the same situation as you. Had the sky+ installed on friday, and waiting for talk and broadband to start.

We got a letter about the sky talk, which gave an activation date of 7th August so just have to wait for that. Btw the sky service is just a cls so you still have to pay your bt line rental.

Havn't got a letter about the broadband yet or got the router, but ive read elsewhere that the broadband is activated 10 days after you have ordered it and the router is delivered between 5 - 9 days.

Check out skyuser. Its a forum all about sky.

I think the Sky broadband service has been pretty poor. A number of my friends switched on that chearp tenner-a-month deal, but they find that it randomly (not so) cuts out at late afternoon. Quite annoying, plus I don't like the fact that they pre-configure your router/Wi-Fi settings too.

Had no problems and I have full 16mb, you can use your own router and change the wireless settings on the Sky router too :)