NTFS to FAT32 in 98SE?

well my xp croaked and now i am stuck with one drive that lost all data on fat32 and running 98 now and my other drive that suvived by is still on NTFS, is theren a way i can change it from NTFS to FAT32 without data loss and not paying money for a damn gui partition managing program?

I don't think you can convert. Pretty sure you can't. But that data you may have lost could be recovered with a program calleed PC Inspector. It's a free program you can download on Zdnet.com. Go to the download sectiona and type File recovery, the first one should be PCInspector. Good luck. Keep XP on ntfs. You will just have to do without the convience two OS. That's what the guy posting before me is telling you. but good luck.

why would u even want FAT32, its slower and garbage

Why don't you read his question, then you'll realize why he created this thread..

He obviously wants to convert back to recover his data, this has nothing to do with performance or anything else.

:rolleyes:

i also said thats fre, but it matters not right now, i am back on xp pro now. i wanted something thats free(partition magic just complained that it was only a demo version and cannot convert to fat32 from ntfs in the demo one) but now that i'm back on xp pro it dun matter, and i wanted to convert from ntfs to fat32 because 98se could not read ntfs. but alls god now

• 3 weeks later...
Why don't you read his question, then you'll realize why he created this thread..

He obviously wants to convert back to recover his data, this has nothing to do with performance or anything else.

:rolleyes:

Nice helpful post there xStainDx. :yes:

My question for those opting for PQ to convert back to FAT32 is won't completely erase the data on the partition as well? I'm pretty certain it will. But if you are not interested in data salvage, go for it, it works.

My question for those opting for PQ to convert back to FAT32 is won't completely erase the data on the partition as well? I'm pretty certain it will. But if you are not interested in data salvage, go for it, it works.

You can convert from NTFS to FAT32 or FAT32 to NTFS - or back and forth, over and over, and NEVER lost any data.

I have converted from NTFS to FAT32 in the past before. it worked fine. data was never lost.

You can always convert from fat to ntfs and ntfs to fat with PM. The data will not be lost.

But sometimes the PC will become deadly slow after converting with a third party program like PM.