How Hot Should the PS3 Get?

i dont think its possible to tell. well if its not really really hot then it shouldnt be a problem. i contacted a friend who got his on LAUNCH day and he said he went through the exact same situation and its hot in the same area and if you hold it for more than 10 seconds your finger starts to sting. so luckly i can exchange mine. thx!

Just wondering how you can tell how many blades the fan has? Do you need to open up the PS3?

Listen to it. Play Motorstorm demo for about 15 minutes, if you hear your PS3 is ****ing loud, then you know you've got a 15-blade, if it's still damn quiet then you've got a 19-blade. If you hear your fan ALOT then you've got a 15-blade. and it is LOUD i'm not exaggerating, I'll post up a sound clip in a few days. :D

Some people say you can look at the fan using a flashlight, dunno though. Easiest way to tell is by the sound.

btw; I don't smell anything, I just hear alot. :p

considering your room is 89 degrees. 99 degrees coming out of the back of the console isn't very high at all...

i mean, yeah that's really hot. but it's mostly because of the room temp.

got the new one. haha much cooler :)

btw, CircuitCity gave me a returned one. all the packaging was taped back together. but im not returning it. i might get even more problems.