60gb PS3 for $349

Well there may be someone interested in this! Maybe our "older" gamers as opposed to "younger" :p

Get a $150 card credit after your first purchase of $299 or more.

Don't settle for an ordinary credit card. Enjoy more points, more savings, more prizes and more fun with Sony Card. Get instant approval and a $150 card credit after your first Sony Card purchase of $299 or more!

* August 31, 2007 - the ps3 must be purchased before this date.

You should receive a $150 credit in your statement in 8-12 weeks, making the 60gb Sony PS3 $349 + tax + shipping. Our net cost is around $400 .
Confirm your order. You will be charged sales tax and shipping of $15. (You can go to the Sony Style Store in Delaware or Oregon and save both charges.)

Will be especially nice for anyone with a slight allegiance towards Sony! ;)

When someone calls you a fanboy you can wap out your card and go "damn right I am!" :laugh:

I work in a bank in the UK and I've known people just to open a credit card because it's produced through their favourite football team ect.

Source: http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/08/60gb-ps3-for-349.html

A bit extreme isn't it?

Instant decision and you don't need to use the card ever again from what I can see.

I wouldn't say it's "extreme". It's just a money saving decision to make if you are a responsible person and don't get into trouble with cards - Or even more simple, you want/need another card and a PS3 ;)

It also says you get points and what not. If you're someone that pays your cards off monthly (avoiding interest) this may be an attractive offer. I assume points collect and convert into cash/or you are able to get discounts from the Sony Store with collected points.

Although I can appreciate it's not as simple as slapping in a coupon code to your shopping cart before purchasing.

Edited by Audioboxer

I already have 3 credit cards, but am unsure about what effect signing up for a 4th would do to my credit score. Does anybody have an idea? I'm just a little worried because 4 kinda seems like a lot for me to have considering I only use 1 on a consistent basis. But if it's no biggie then I would go ahead and bite on this deal.

I already have 3 credit cards, but am unsure about what effect signing up for a 4th would do to my credit score. Does anybody have an idea? I'm just a little worried because 4 kinda seems like a lot for me to have considering I only use 1 on a consistent basis. But if it's no biggie then I would go ahead and bite on this deal.

From my understanding, your credit score is only affected negatively if you fail to pay any of the cards in a timely manner and you are always paying the minimum amount on each card. As long as you pay them in a timely manner, do not have a lot on each card, and have made a decent sized payment or two here and there (meaning not always paid the minimum), you are fine with 100 cards, that is not going to affect things at all.

Basically, it is not the number of cards you own, but the grand total of the debt of all of the cards combined.

With that said, if you are worried about it, I strongly suggest not doing it.

I already have 3 credit cards, but am unsure about what effect signing up for a 4th would do to my credit score. Does anybody have an idea? because if it's no biggie then I would go ahead and bite on this deal.

The card will be seen as potential unsecured borrowing (the limit on the card will obviously enable you to spend money!). This may affect you if you try to take out a personal loan and still have the card open/in operation - As when you apply for a loan in most cases you will need to tell them what cards you have and the limits on them.

For example you have 3 cards with limits of 10k, that equals 30k of potential borrowing. So if you go and ask for a loan of 20k, banks take into consideration the fact that you currently have facilities in place offering you 30k of spending.

Basically it won't cause ANY problem at all if you are sensible with all your cards and pay the required payments monthly.

It will be easy to terminate the card as well after your refund. As long as you read the terms and conditions and it doesn't state the card must remain open for x amount of time - I doubt it will though. (well obviously it will need to remain open till you get the refund.)

Your credit score can remain perfectly normal even if you have lots of cards and some loans here and there. The biggest factor that can change it negatively is missed/late payments. Obviously debt can come into play, but just because you have 4 or 5 cards doesn't necessarily mean you have debt. Limits/debt are two different things ;)

* As you said you only use 1 of your current cards, why not even close one/more than one of them off if that would make you feel better?

Edited by Audioboxer

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I guess I might as well pass on this deal to not have to worry about my credit score and such. It's still a great deal though, but I might as well just hold out a little longer.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I guess I might as well pass on this deal to not have to worry about my credit score and such.

Sure thing.

Pick what you feel comfortable doing.

As I said though if you have cards you don't use close them and only have open what you want/need.

Your credit score is not something you should worry about too much if you are in good account conduct and haven't missed any payments to cards/loans/mortgage/ect/ect. If you are in that position you pretty much will definitely have a good score.

From my understanding, your credit score is only affected negatively if you fail to pay any of the cards in a timely manner and you are always paying the minimum amount on each card. As long as you pay them in a timely manner, do not have a lot on each card, and have made a decent sized payment or two here and there (meaning not always paid the minimum), you are fine with 100 cards, that is not going to affect things at all.Basically, it is not the number of cards you own, but the grand total of the debt of all of the cards combined.With that said, if you are worried about it, I strongly suggest not doing it.
Most credit cards have a term in the terms and agreements that says that the terms can be revised by the creditor at any time and for any reason w/o the credit card holders notification. I would say having more than 2 credit cards is asking for trouble unless you can stay on-top of it.It sounds like a good deal, however the fact that you do not get refunded the money immediately and that it is credited to the credit card at some unknown time (8-12 weeks is a long time) turns me off to the whole thing. I would get it if I could cancel the credit card immediately.... 3 months of finance charges, no thanks.
Sure thing.Pick what you feel comfortable doing.As I said though if you have cards you don't use close them and only have open what you want/need.Your credit score is not something you should worry about too much if you are in good account conduct and haven't missed any payments to cards/loans/mortgage/ect/ect. If you are in that position you pretty much will definitely have a good score.
I screwed up my credit really bad when I missed 2 months on a student loan payment :(. It has been 3 years now, and my credit score is still really low because of that. Don't make the same mistake, stay on top of it. Also, you don't get any bonus points for making large payments on loans. I made 3 months of payments that were all 3x the amount of my minimum payment on my student loan and that didn't make a lick of difference after I missed 2 months :( :(.

Opening a new credit line is always good. The more open credit you have (and are paying on time), the higher your score. About 30% of your credit score is composed of the ratio of open credit vs. used credit.