Stranglehold demo... do you not feel cheated again!?

Great news today, stranglehold demo came out! Only not on PS3, on the 360!

What I love about PS3 is the design, the quality, the bluetooth, wireless and free PSN access and a blueray dvd player...

What I just cannot get over is that this 'PLAY' station... has nothing to actually 'PLAY' on!

Nothing unique anyway, just a bunch of crappy 360 ports!

Sure do u not hav a 360 anyway? You can just go play it on the 360, as for the ps3 the store only gets updated on thursdays so we dnt know if the ps3 is getting the demo or not!

Yeah I have 360... it just ****es me off that I have ?425 worth of kit sitting next to it that is just a glorified dvd player!

Great news today, stranglehold demo came out! Only not on PS3, on the 360!

What I love about PS3 is the design, the quality, the bluetooth, wireless and free PSN access and a blueray dvd player...

What I just cannot get over is that this 'PLAY' station... has nothing to actually 'PLAY' on!

Nothing unique anyway, just a bunch of crappy 360 ports!

<snipped>

I am a PS3 owner and I love it, I admit I am not playing many games on it at the moment, I tend to play my Blu Ray movies on it and will sometimes fancy a bash on F1 and a few demo's.

So what if the 360 has had the Stranglehold Demo released today, the game looks good but I aint going to moan about us not getting the demo. No I don't feel cheated, I just look to the future as I was in the same position now when I bought my Xbox 360 on Launch Day.

I would rarely play it for the first year! But now look it at, a couple years on and it has some quality games and even more quality games to come.

What you should of done is done your research in to what games you want to play on the PS3 and when they are coming out, the reason I bought my PS3? Coz I'm a Tech ###### and like to have the latest things when they come out, I had the money so I imported one from Hong Kong last December and you know what? I don't regret it and I certainly aint moaning.

Edited by Barney

<snipped>

I am a PS3 owner and I love it, I admit I am not playing many games on it at the moment, I tend to play my Blu Ray movies on it and will sometimes fancy a bash on F1 and a few demo's.

So what if the 360 has had the Stranglehold Demo released today, the game looks good but I aint going to moan about us not getting the demo. No I don't feel cheated, I just look to the future as I was in the same position now when I bought my Xbox 360 on Launch Day.

I would rarely play it for the first year! But now look it at, a couple years on and it has some quality games and even more quality games to come.

What you should of done is done your research in to what games you want to play on the PS3 and when they are coming out, the reason I bought my PS3? Coz I'm a Tech ###### and like to have the latest things when they come out, I had the money so I imported one from Hong Kong last December and you know what? I don't regret it and I certainly aint moaning.

You made good points about why you like the PS3 but you had asboloutely no right to insult me like that and you are out of order. I am merely asking if any of my fellow PS3 owners feel like we have more of a gadget than a games console.

You made good points about why you like the PS3 but you had asboloutely no right to insult me like that and you are out of order. I am merely asking if any of my fellow PS3 owners feel like we have more of a gadget than a games console.

Ok I admit the muppet comment was harsh but all you have done is moan in the foru and I am sure I'm not the only one who is tired of the moaning from people who rushed out and bought the PS3 without thinking.

Which infact is a minority, it's just a shame not enough people make threads about how good their experience with the PS3 is (was good to see some one post a positive one though so kudos tothe matey who did), just all the negatives.

I personally feel at the moment we don't have a complete games console, however it is getting there slowly. The PS3 is one hell of a gadget and give it till the end of this year I recon Sony will be getting alot closer to a winner.

The thing we need to remember is that every single console that is launched they are in the same situation, it doesn't matter if you look at the PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox or XBox 360. I remember buying the PS2 on Launch Day and for the first 3 - 6 months all I played was SSX , Silent Scope and ISS, the Xbox 360 was the same I would play PGR3 and Call of Duty 2 and now with the PS3 I have only been playing F1, MotorStorm and some Call of Duty 3.

So everyone is in the same boat, but others have found other uses for their PS3 or infact bought the PS3 because they liked the games released.

The Playstation 3 was intended to be a complete entertainment console from day one. Not just for gaming. Movies, games, folding, cooking hamburgers and it will now even drive your car. Who knows what's next?

Maybe you haven't found a game that suits your needs yet. If you never will, then feel free to sell it and pick up another console. Can't say I didn't warn you though. I kid, I kid... ;)

Edited by TDQuiksilver

I do feel the Playstation 3 needs more demo's as well, especially when it comes to the PSN games. Every 360 arcade game has a demo, and it really helps when you are debating purchasing the game. If we had a few more demos, I would probably be more inclined to buy more games.

This game I've been wanting to play for ages....so unless the demo just sucks, I'm buying it regardless. :p

For informational purposes, in the US marketplace, there are currently 92 demos for full games and 79 demos for arcade games. The Playstation 3 has nothing compared to that.

Edited by Meshuggah

I do feel the Playstation 3 needs more demo's as well, especially when it comes to the PSN games. Every 360 arcade game has a demo, and it really helps when you are debating purchasing the game. If we had a few more demos, I would probably be more inclined to buy more games.

This game I've been wanting to play for ages....so unless the demo just sucks, I'm buying it regardless. :p

For informational purposes, in the US marketplace, there are currently 92 demos for full games and 79 demos for arcade games. The Playstation 3 has nothing compared to that.

The PS3 hasn't been out for anywhere near as long.

More demos/games will come soon to PSN. It's a little unfair to expect it to have as many as Live. Although yes I do agree it needs more content.

Teknicolor, it's clearly a games console as well. There will be lots of games released on it you know... :rolleyes:

Give it time, it sounds like you've just bought it prematurely. Try saying it has nothing to play on it come the end of 2007/start of 2008 ;)

so you're basically saying the playstation 3 came out before it should have? It came out a year after the 360 and it's still not ready for prime time?

Yeah, the PS3 hasn't been out for as long, but that doesn't excuse it from not having demos for every game it is currently selling. Since the very beginning of the xbox, EVERY arcade game they have, you can demo out and then choose to buy. That is not the case with the PSN, and there really is no excuse. There are 4 games I'm tempted to buy, but without a demo, I'm very weary about it. I feel like I'm trying to find a game to buy since I only have one game for my PS3.

On topic...the demo is freaking awesome. I wish there was a PS demo so I could see what they add in terms of Six-Axis functionality. Each version of the game is gonna have pro's and con's. This is gonna be the hardest multi-platform decision to make. :/

so you're basically saying the playstation 3 came out before it should have? It came out a year after the 360 and it's still not ready for prime time?

Yeah, the PS3 hasn't been out for as long, but that doesn't excuse it from not having demos for every game it is currently selling. Since the very beginning of the xbox, EVERY arcade game they have, you can demo out and then choose to buy. That is not the case with the PSN, and there really is no excuse. There are 4 games I'm tempted to buy, but without a demo, I'm very weary about it. I feel like I'm trying to find a game to buy since I only have one game for my PS3.

On topic...the demo is freaking awesome. I wish there was a PS demo so I could see what they add in terms of Six-Axis functionality. Each version of the game is gonna have pro's and con's. This is gonna be the hardest multi-platform decision to make. :/

It's PSN that wasn't ready at the time of release. Sony aren't the most experienced with the online aspect (PS2's online system was pretty much non existant)

Now though PSN is starting to build up well and will have lot's of great releases/demos by the end of the year.

Also it isn't always up to Sony if a demo comes out... the developers need to make one you know ;)

As for buying games, read reviews and previews if that will help out.

For their inexperience I think they are definitely trying hard. PSN (home included) has the potential to be really good if Sony get it right. I feel everyone should give them a little more time before concluding it's not good enough. At least throughout the waiting process you aren't paying any online fee's!!

See this.

Holy crap what a ****** awful rap :p

Whats with the constant echoes!?

Anyways, I think the reason the demos come out later on PSN than LIVE is because the developers are having issues getting to know the PS3. Will take some time..

Audioboxer: Very true. I agree 100% with what you have said to that respect. When I first tried the store at 480p, I thought it was crap, but once you see it in 1080p, you realize it's actually a very cool way of showing content. I agree that it is up to the developers to make a demo, because there have been a few full games that have needed demos on the 360 and the developers chose not to. That being said though, the developers should know that there are probably many people like me, that are itching to buy games and just need a good demo to push them in the right direction.

I've been watching so many previews and reading ones as well. I'm trying to know as much as I can about the PS3 now, because in certain aspects, I am blown away by it, much much more than I originally intended. When I first bought one I didn't have a 1080p set, but after getting one, it becomes much easier to see what Sony's ideas are for the future.

Audioboxer: Very true. I agree 100% with what you have said to that respect. When I first tried the store at 480p, I thought it was crap, but once you see it in 1080p, you realize it's actually a very cool way of showing content. I agree that it is up to the developers to make a demo, because there have been a few full games that have needed demos on the 360 and the developers chose not to. That being said though, the developers should know that there are probably many people like me, that are itching to buy games and just need a good demo to push them in the right direction.

I've been watching so many previews and reading ones as well. I'm trying to know as much as I can about the PS3 now, because in certain aspects, I am blown away by it, much much more than I originally intended. When I first bought one I didn't have a 1080p set, but after getting one, it becomes much easier to see what Sony's ideas are for the future.

Glad to hear you agree with some things.

It's a test of time for Sony. How long will it take to build up PSN to live standards, and can Sony maintain/improve that standard from there on in.

They will also be relying on Home to do well, so we'll have to see how much of an impact it makes later on this year.

:woot: glad to hear it works nicely on a 1080p set.

I bought my Bravia KDL-40W2000* and it's great! I just don't have a PS3 to go with it yet :p

(* 40V2500 for American owners)

You'll love that TV with the Playstation 3. Hope you have a nice home theater setup as well. :)

I got the Sony DAV-DZ 630 home theatre bundled with the TV for ?1180.

It's a nice 5.1 setup. Probably not the best but it is good enough for me:))