[Official] Doctor Who Thread

And hopefully we've seen the entirety of "Why I chose this face" . . .

Seriously. A subconscious reminder to himself to save people is plenty of explanation, especially since none whatsoever was even needed. This sort of thing is best left to fan speculation.

And as a reader of Doctor Who Magazine in the 90s, all I could think was "Yeah, making someone immortal worked so well the last time". The idea was explored in the 8th Doctor comic book era.

Overall, this is the best season since Davies left, and might even be the best of the new series.

So when the doctor regenerated for the 5th time he chose to take the face of a total arse, Commander Maxil of the chancellery guard :?

The Doctor should be well aware immortality is a curse it was the lesson learned in The 5 Doctors.

So I guess them glasses are here to stay

Yay! It makes Capaldi seem even more of a contrast with Smith - the cool older guitar-playing, shades-wearing Doctor Who vs. the young dorky bowtie-wearing one. (Can you tell which one I prefer?) :laugh:

Yay! It makes Capaldi seem even more of a contrast with Smith - the cool older guitar-playing, shades-wearing Doctor Who vs. the young dorky bowtie-wearing one. (Can you tell which one I prefer?) :laugh:

Can I mix? :p Bow ties are cool!

Can I mix? :p Bow ties are cool!

Bowties maybe. 11, not so much. His charm lay in the fact that he was so unashamedly, enthusiastically dorky.

But I really was ready to have a more grown-up Doctor Who again. Well, apart from the whole guitar-on-a-tank bit, at least.

Bowties maybe. 11, not so much. His charm lay in the fact that he was so unashamedly, enthusiastically dorky.

But I really was ready to have a more grown-up Doctor Who again. Well, apart from the whole guitar-on-a-tank bit, at least.

Like I said, bowties, not eleven :p

Also... How come 9,10,11 dressed (hmm well maybe 10 and 11) a lot more "formal" and well dressed, whereas Capaldi, just... man.. 0 style,  Coat, over hoodie, over tshirt.  I think someone in this thread pointed out if Moffat was now taking tips from leonard hofstadter

9 was hardly a snappy dresser in a leather jacket and t-shirt, 11's old coat, pants and boots could have come out of a collection bin. I liked 12's original look (apart from the top button) but the aging rock star of season 9 isn't working!

730413W9thdoctor[1].jpg

• Like 2

9 was hardly a snappy dresser in a leather jacket and t-shirt, 11's old coat, pants and boots could have come out of a collection bin. I liked 12's original look (apart from the top button) but the aging rock star of season 9 isn't working!

730413W9thdoctor[1].jpg

that was season 8, this is his current attire:

Coat over hoodie, over t-shirtDoctor-Who-Series-9-Peter-Promo.jpg

A question for you lot who watched the pre-reboot dw. In season 7 and 8, the doctor gets named as the most evol force in the universe (pandorica for example), did this happen a lot in the old series or is this something new?

Not really in the same way, The Doctor has always been a trouble maker but the whole time war debacle has changed the way he perceives and is perceived. When he talked about Gallifrey at the end of season three he says the Time Lords were "sworn never to interfere only to watch." He of coarse doesn't observe this rule, at the end of the 2nd doctors tenure he was put on trial for his interference, force regenerated as banished to Earth with a non functional TARDIS. On the other side of the coin whenever the Time Lords needed someone to implicitly 'interfere' they had him do the dirty work.

A question for you lot who watched the pre-reboot dw. In season 7 and 8, the doctor gets named as the most evol force in the universe (pandorica for example), did this happen a lot in the old series or is this something new?

They were steering things in that direction in the McCoy era, portraying him as a grand chessmaster, manipulating events, planning Batman gambits, laying traps for his enemies. It was taken even further in the New Adventures novels, too far IMO.

Before that, Doctor Who was basically just an explorer who just couldn't keep from helping people. Although he always had some deviousness and manipluativeness about him. Just watch Troughton manipulate the situation in Tomb of the Cybermen! (Seriously, go rent it from Netflix - it's one of the best stories!)

• Like 1

anyone notice how all the previous new show actors, play the villain in their next major feature?

Christopher - GiJOE, thor

David tennant -  Jessica Jones  (no full release yet, but trailer is promising! )

Matt smith - Terminator/skynet (awesomesauce baddass imo)

anyone notice how all the previous new show actors, play the villain in their next major feature?

I'd say circumstantial, David Tennant in particular has several roles between the two

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Christopher - GiJOE, thor

David tennant -  Jessica Jones  (no full release yet, but trailer is promising! )

Matt smith - Terminator/skynet (awesomesauce baddass imo)

I think it depends on how you define 'major'. Tennant has been in stage performances, as well as appearing in the massive British show 'Broadchurch'.