Wpa

Ok, I really am not getting this whole WPA thing. So i have a question. I have two computers in my home. When I go out and buy XP when it comes out will i be able to put it on both Machines? If not do you now if anyone is making drivers for the Conexant (formorly Rockwell) modems? Because Ill just switch to Linux, or keep Win 98. But I wont get XP.

If you purchase a single copy of XP, then no, you won't be able to use it on both of your computers. WPA isnt' bulletproof, it will either be cracked in RTM or at least you could obscure the hardware profile of one of your machines to look like the other and be able to re-activate.

Just hope that you're not re-installing it often, as sooner or later with such setup you will hit WPA activation limit.

Sorry, I can't offer you much info in the way of Conexant modems.

Conexant modems are supported in WinXP -- under "Generic 56K modem" devices. I use one myself... However, unlike previous versions of Windows, WinXP managed to detect and install the correct drivers during setup... No problems here!

Thanks, What I meant By the Drivers thing was i need one in order for my modem to work in Linux. It works fine on XP.

Well I guess Ill have to crack XP or just not get it at all. I dont think this Product Activation is any good. I mean sure they have the right to defend their selfs but not to were it will inconvenience actualy paying customers. They should really look into that before releasing it. :(