Materazzi reveals exact words of insult to Zindane

Italy defender Marco Materazzi has finally revealed the exact words he used to provoke Zinedine Zidane into headbutting him in last year's World Cup final.

"I prefer the ###### that is your sister," he said in a interview with the TV Sorrisi e Canzoni magazine which comes out on Monday, Italian media reported on Saturday.

Materazzi had previously said that he had mentioned the France midfielder's sister in the verbal jousting between the two in the Berlin final, but had never given the exact words.

Zidane, who retired after the final, was sent off for the headbutt and Italy subsequently won on penalties.

SOURCE

What he did was inexcusable, no matter what was said.

Matterazzi is scum, but if Zidane was a true professional, he'd have kept his cool.

Zidane really surprised me with that.. never expected something like that from him

I couldn't stop laughing at all those headbutt .gif files.

anyway totally wrong forum. :laugh:

And I suppose the Chris Benoit thread is in the right board, having been moved here from the Sports Arena?

This is a matter regarding the media, not sports. So spare me, I've been here long enough to know where to post my threads...don't pay attention to the 167 posts...

I couldn't stop laughing at all those headbutt .gif files.

anyway totally wrong forum. :laugh:

Yeah they are great!

But yeah Zidane should of kept his cool.

it was out of the game, i think the refree made the wrong decision, so did zidane, but any how, i think italy didnt deserve the cup, and that this topic is in the wrong forum

And I suppose the Chris Benoit thread is in the right board, having been moved here from the Sports Arena?

This is a matter regarding the media, not sports. So spare me, I've been here long enough to know where to post my threads...don't pay attention to the 167 posts...

Thread moved, since soccer is a real sport (pro wrestling is entertainment).

Zidane really surprised me with that.. never expected something like that from him

Zizou did the same a few times at Juve.

Personally I don't think any less of him for reacting the way he did.

I am amazed that a pro athlete of any sport would lose his head (and the game) due to trash talking. This type of thing is normal in every sport.

Exactly. Zidane deserved to be kicked out.

I got a completely newfound respect for Zidane, he should've done a lot more than just headbutt.

A good punch in the face would been a good start for that italian crybaby.

it was out of the game, i think the refree made the wrong decision, so did zidane, but any how, i think italy didnt deserve the cup, and that this topic is in the wrong forum

last time i checked, head butts arent part of football, just because the ball wasn't near them doesn't mean its not a foul / whatever

Haha, yes Zidane should have kept it cool. However, I think if he had said that to me I would have done the same exact thing haha

I'm amazed at how easily goated most of you seem to be. A verbal insult like that would never set me off in a million years. Zidane, and France, deserved to lose solely based on that. Trash talking is part of every sport, deal with it, or quit... like Zidane.

leave zizou alone, i do not need to be reminded of this. i hate the italians and the fact they beat my frenchmen in the finals made me almost cry.

Matrix is a dirty piece of scum and a strong reason as to why I stopped following Inter a few seasons ago. It didn't surprise me that he was invovled in the biggest controversy of the WC. He's probably lying about what he said and even if he isn't it seems a bit pointless to come out with it now. Zidance was justifiably tossed. Regardless of where it happened on the pitch, any intent of that nature is unacceptable and it was the right call. Anyone who lost respect for him because of that probably wasn't a big fan of his in the first place (which is madness). Despite what everyone says, France didn't lose the WC because of that. They lost because of Trez's failure to hit a penalty.

Matrix won the medal, got handed a SerieA title, and casually strolled into another. Time for him (and the critics) to move on.

materazzi-en-sang.jpg

Zidane should have kept calm, this type of words are normal in every sport...

He should go all crazy and headbutt a guy just because of words in a football (soccer) field... and with all the years he got playing football (soccer) he should know better and be "expecting" things like what Materazzi said to him