[Soccer] England vs Germany

Well 2-1 to Germany and we dominated the first 20 minutes but then Robinson made an awful error and I think from there we lacked something...what do you guys think?

After the England goal, they actually looked really good and confident on the ball. Fluid passing and all, then Robinson did what he does best for England again and it pretty much fell apart after that. The strikers just weren't dangerous at all in front of goal. Dyer was just... dire! The same could be said for Crouch. The only highlights I felt were Joe Cole, Wright-Phillips, Richards (First Half)

Lampard looked a little better, but no where near the standard he plays for Chelsea. A poor result when you consider it wasn't even a full strength Germany side, we had a decent team out there, they just cannot gel with each other... It's looking bleak for Euro 2008. Even if they get there, I really can't see them winning at all.

Robinson errors are really starting to come to light. One of the thing he is getting wrong move often, is when he goes for the ball. He's unsure to come and go, which results in poor keeping in the air.

As a few of us was saying on IRC, we weren't impressed with Fat Frank Lumpard. He's too attacking minded, he's basicly plays as a striker. This causes problems all the time and is prehaps one of the reason why England fail.

Joe Cole caused a lot of problems, but that was in the middle instead of the left wing, which is were he is meant to work.

At times it was always Shorey that was basicly the left winger.

The other midfielder Carrick and Barry(2nd half) Didn't seem that active, just lost.

I think this is a wake up call to get David James recalled. He was awesome for Pompey last season and has started well this season. Or perhaps Ben Foster deserves a chance for England and to prove his worth.

Otherwise typical for England really, try to find some positives...

We have top quality players but they don't play as a team and with injuries and so forth, the 1st team for England can't really settle

Ben Foster deserves a chance for England and to prove his worth.

When he's back I am sure he will be up there but I think Carson is very talented :)

I about ****ed my pants when Pander made that shot.

Yeah that shot had so much fizz on it I don't think many if any goalkeepers would of saved it.

It was a decent match with a great winning goal.

P.S. Anyone see Hungary against Italy? Man, I've never seen Hungary or any team lately play like they did against the Italians. They were like magnets to the ball and they really outplayed the Italians even after being down 0-1.

Here's the highlights of that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7O9y_nNYk...%26ucat%3D10%26

Go Germany! Sorry, but they play much better football than we English do, so I support them. lol :p I actually think our players are so overrated, there are better players from other countries who deserve to be more famous.