Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

Good boy :)

The whole point of the Halo 3 News & General thread, is to keep everything together. Not only are you posting news twice, you aren't doing what DirtyLarry set the thread up for either (N)

You forgot to put a link where you bolded "Halo 3 News & General thread" ;)

I beleive this topic is important enough to warrant its own thread instead of being buried in the ###### of a thread that is general discussion.

Its pretty important with some gamers I know "betrayed" that Bungie didn't provide the 1080p native resolution and 60 fps that rumors claimed H3 would run at. It gets the word out that much faster that the issue has been addressed.

You forgot to put a link where you bolded "Halo 3 News & General thread" ;)

No I didn't :)

I beleive this topic is important enough to warrant its own thread instead of being buried in the ###### of a thread that is general discussion.

The MS community voted and decided to have these topics in place for news and discussion. It makes things a hell of a lot easier for DirtyLarry.

The only complaint I have of the HDR was when using the flame thrower. It's way too much on the eyes imo

But the only time it's too much is when you're on fire, which is just to show you that, well, you're on fire.

But the only time it's too much is when you're on fire, which is just to show you that, well, you're on fire.

Is it? Haha I never noticed. I thought I was being shot at and it was just the glow from the fire whilest using the flame thrower :laugh:

Is it? Haha I never noticed. I thought I was being shot at and it was just the glow from the fire whilest using the flame thrower :laugh:

It took me a while to figure out but I was flaming floods and then running through them. Why do I keep dying? :rolleyes:

As for HDR, I think it looks very realistic when you go from a dark area to a light area. That's the point of it being too bright. I guess you don't experience that much from your parent's basement, though... ;) j/k Ayepecks :p

I'm sorry, but where'd that come from?

I'm sorry, but where'd that come from?

Nowhere. I was really just kidding. Just ribbing you for not liking the HDR. I meant no harm :) (Y)

Personally, I find the HDR spot on. If you go from a dark interior to a bright outside, it can take your eyes even longer to adjust then the length it is currently set at; so quit whinging and be glad they didn't make it mega realistic! ;)

I'm not usually too fond of HDR and bloom effects, since they are always used with light hand. But there's something about it here, it looks awesome! Specially when opening a big gate going from the inside to a big outdoor area that extremely bright white looks so amazing.

After beating the single-player game, I have to say, it was probably Halo's best single-player experience to date.

While the level design still lacks in comparison to most PC first-person shooters, it was actually pretty good as far as Halo goes. There were actually some more atmospheric design elements in a few levels (for example, some of the humans that were dead in cafeterias in one of the levels), but they were still mostly lacking a lot of atmospheric elements. And how are you going to end with the same technique that the original Halo had, that was almost just as bad? Areas were still repeated ad nauseum a few times, specifically later in the game.

The game was just the right length, I thought. Any longer would have been too long, and much shorter would've left a lot of people complaining. One area actually seemed like filler, though, and I wish that had been changed (the eighth level, the Flood level where you have to rescue Cortana, while essential to the story, had horrid level design and seemed like they tried to extend it out).

A.I. was pretty good for the enemy, but the human A.I. was rather bad at times. Also, it seemed like the enemy A.I. got better when the difficulty was increased, but that your human companions didn't get any better at all.

I still haven't played online yet because my dorm's internet access sucks (sorry to those who invited me to play online... but around Thanksgiving and Christmas I want to play four-player co-op on Legendary if anyone's interested), but I have been playing with my roomate, and it seems crazy fun for Slayer. The other game types still stink, though, I thought. I prefer team-based stuff, and I just didn't find Halo 3's team-based stuff that fun.

Graphics were probably the biggest letdown. I always expected Halo 3 would look good, and it doesn't really look bad, but it looks average. The lack of AA is really noticeable, and the texture work is pathetic at times. Models looked good on the plus side. While they're only average, for some reason, I somewhat like them. They remind me of some older PC game graphics.

Overall, while their were some cheap and lame instances (for example, the level design, having the cliche 10 snipers in a row thing on the first level), it was pretty good. Halo's worked pretty well on consoles but has always sucked when they get ported to the PC because there are some minor details that most PC gamers expect (save anywhere, enhanced textures when it gets ported, etc), this one's probably the best so far.

4.5/5 from me for the overall game; if it was just single-player, I'd give it a 4. If and when it gets ported to the PC, though, I'll probably hate it. Best leave it where it is if you're not going to try and enhance it in any way, Microsoft.

Woot, called it :p jk

What do you think of the story so far?

Good so far I am only starting on Floodgates. Though I feel Diaolgue is a little weak in the cut scenes, but I do love the stuff characters say while your playing, some of it is hilarious; I was sneaking up behind a grunt and he said, "please don't be behind me." he turned around and then started screaming. :laugh:

Does anyone know why Forge has weapon limits on some maps?? For example, I wanted to put a flame thrower on Sandtrap, I can't, is there a technical reason for this??

A.I. was pretty good for the enemy, but the human A.I. was rather bad at times. Also, it seemed like the enemy A.I. got better when the difficulty was increased, but that your human companions didn't get any better at all.

That would be because it's supposed to be harder for you =P... not increase the skill of everyone around you.

I'm a little late, but I'm guessing the "640p" is why the game doesn't fill my whole screen? I thought it was because I was playing in split-screen. I never got the chance to play full screen (my DVD drive died on me) but I'm guessing it would be the same way there? (I hope not)