Lost Season 4

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to watching the rest of season 3 and 4. I absolutely loved season 3, which seems to be quite the opposite from every other Lost fan lol. To me though, it answered a lot of the questions and pieced a lot of the puzzle together. I was more interested in learning more about the others than what Dharma was.

Season 4 though was a complete bore. I don't know if it's because of the strike or what, but it just felt like the whole season was a complete setup for Season 5 and there was very little interesting to keep watching. The whole thing with time travel & Desmond seemed like a total waste of time, especially when it wasn't exactly explained how it was resolved. Are we meant to believe a simple phone call to his "constant" cured him?. That's pretty poor writing imo.

Not sure I'm really interested in watching season 5 at all. Of course there is all the left over questions about the island and the black smoke monster, as well as what happened to Locke etc. It feels very stretched out and like they are making stories out of nothing now :/

I thought Season 4 was brilliant. I don't think the writers strike affected it to much because they did 14 episodes (?) of the originally planned 16. So i don't think a lot was cut. Every episode of season 4 seemed to progress the story forward because they have an end date for the show and an actual end of the story.