Final Fantasy VII: The best is yet to come?

ffvii_10y.jpg

While most of you were sleeping, the folks at Square Enix celebrated Final Fantasy VII's 10th anniversary. But who cares about the merchandise when Kaz Hirai from Sony Computer Entertainment wrote an English note on the message board that says the following:

"Congratulations on 10 fantastic years! The best is yet to come"

Does that means more spin-offs, a Final Fantasy VII remake, or did Kaz Hirai was thinking about the Fabula Nova Crystallis franchise while writing the note? I guess time will tell.

Source: http://www.forever-fantasy.net/

Hmmm intriguing... we all know I'd love a FF7 remake :p To be honest though Crisis Core is looking good enough.

Whilst we are on the 10th anniversay topic heres a load of pictures from the event!

ffvii01.jpg

ffvii08.jpg

ffvii10.jpg

OMG memories... good times :D

ffvii05.jpg

ffvii06.jpg

ffvii22.jpg

ffvii17.jpg

Source & Lots more cool photos: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/2...vii.htm?ref=rss

Does that means more spin-offs, a Final Fantasy VII remake, or did Kaz Hirai was thinking about the Fabula Nova Crystallis franchise while writing the note? I guess time will tell.

Nope. Seriously FF7 fanboys will cluth at any straw, no matter how stupid, over this supposed "FF7 remake" (N).

Nope. Seriously FF7 fanboys will cluth at any straw, no matter how stupid, over this supposed "FF7 remake" (N).

It's hard not to though... lots of teenage memories tied into that game :woot:

I suppose anyone interested in a remake believes if they constantly hype/promote rumours then Sony/Square/Whoevers in charge now will take notice.

Lots of past titles are being remade as well now. I mean FF3/4 for the DS. None of those FF titles sold as well as FF7. In terms of raking in $$$??? a FF7 remake would do wonders.

I guess it's these logical ways of thinking that cause us FF7 fans to get that excited each time a rumour/straw to clasp is about haha.

FF1 & 6 FTW! :shiftyninja:

Infact, I hope they do bloody bring out a remake so we can stop hearing the same rumour every few months :p FF7 is Square's baby though, I think they are actually worried they could bury the game with a remake and don't want to touch it. Hence all the spin off ideas instead.

FF1 & 6 FTW! :shiftyninja:

Infact, I hope they do bloody bring out a remake so we can stop hearing the same rumour every few months :p FF7 is Square's baby though, I think they are actually worried they could bury the game with a remake and don't want to touch it. Hence all the spin off ideas instead.

Ahhh I forgot about FF6.

That would be a good remake :yes:

Ahah yeah it would be very easy to mush up the remake. Unless it was JUST a graphical overhaul...

I'll wait and see how Crisis Core is, that will help me decide if they have it in them to remake FF7 ;)

probably wouldn't release the remake with any other FF in the works. Since FF13 isn't that far off why would you want a game competing with the other...I would say if there is a remake it will come 6 months to 1 year after FF13

I think its pretty selfish of Square not to make it! The fans are pleading for it.....there loyal fans and without them they wud be no where plus they could make a fortune with it lol

I don't see why any company should remake any games. I'm not a fan of the series, but wouldn't it be better to have a new game in the series instead?

Square, just announce that you are going to do a FF7 remake damn it. :crazy: :p

Too right, i'd love to see a remake and it would be a reason for me to buy a PS3 if it did ever come out. FF7 is probably the best game i've ever played its just a shame it seems so dated now so a remake would be nice. I'd like to see a remake of ff6 too but thats asking too much ;p

probably wouldn't release the remake with any other FF in the works. Since FF13 isn't that far off why would you want a game competing with the other...I would say if there is a remake it will come 6 months to 1 year after FF13

Well, while X, XI and XII were being made, I, II, III, V, VI and VI were re-released, with IV being remade as we speak.

VII WILL be remade, all Square is waiting for is a bad game in the FF series. If XIII or XIV turned out to be bad and sales started to drop, they'd throw out a remake of VII because they KNOW it'll sell stupidly well.

But the REAL question is, where would the remake go? Square seems quite happy with the DS, but would people be satisfied with a portable, cut-down FFVII (considering PSP owners can already play it on the move) or would they rather see it get the full next-gen treatment and look as good as advent children?

Personally, I'd go for the latter, although I'd love to see the game on the DS as well.

Well, while X, XI and XII were being made, I, II, III, V, VI and VI were re-released, with IV being remade as we speak.

VII WILL be remade, all Square is waiting for is a bad game in the FF series. If XIII or XIV turned out to be bad and sales started to drop, they'd throw out a remake of VII because they KNOW it'll sell stupidly well.

But the REAL question is, where would the remake go? Square seems quite happy with the DS, but would people be satisfied with a portable, cut-down FFVII (considering PSP owners can already play it on the move) or would they rather see it get the full next-gen treatment and look as good as advent children?

Personally, I'd go for the latter, although I'd love to see the game on the DS as well.

Easily the next gen approach... why you ask?

FF1-6 were 2D so a DS remake for the first four so far (5/6 not announced for DS) is actually an improvement!

Theres no way Square would go BACKWARDS with the graphics. It's the main reason everyone wants a remake...

And as you said we can play FF7 on our PSP's just now anyway :p

I'd BUY a PS3 if they make an FF7 remake!!!

I've felt like playing FF7 recently, come to think of it, perhaps I should!

If they do make a re-make they better not change ANYTHING about the story or the way the game progresses!

I'd BUY a PS3 if they make an FF7 remake!!!

I've felt like playing FF7 recently, come to think of it, perhaps I should!

If they do make a re-make they better not change ANYTHING about the story or the way the game progresses!

I wouldn't mind if they improved some of the engrish :p

or would they rather see it get the full next-gen treatment and look as good as advent children?

If that were the case, we really wouldn't see it until 2020 :laugh:

Same story, overhauled graphics, and voice acting for Final Fantasy VII: a Square fan's wet dream. I know I'd pay good money for that :p

Voice acting on par with FF12 would be sweet :woot:

Easily the next gen approach... why you ask?

FF1-6 were 2D so a DS remake for the first four so far (5/6 not announced for DS) is actually an improvement!

Theres no way Square would go BACKWARDS with the graphics. It's the main reason everyone wants a remake...

And as you said we can play FF7 on our PSP's just now anyway :p

Backwards? The DS's graphics can definitely do FF7 much better than it was originally done.

Backwards? The DS's graphics can definitely do FF7 much better than it was originally done.

You're having a laugh mate!

much better?

MAYBE match but definitely not much better.

Lets compare FF3 remake to FF7

Why FF3 remake? Well its by the same guys and it is a good looking DS game!

final-fantasy-iii-20061005102953776.jpg

e32006_p3_Final-Fantasy-III.jpg

final_fantasy_III_ds_20051028.jpg

FFVIIbattlexample.jpg

ff7_1.jpg

ff7_fmv_screenshot_036.jpg

ff7_fmv_screenshot_031.jpg

Plus where would all the FMVs go? No way would they fit on a DS cartridge.

As I've said the DS would do justice to FF1-6. But certainly not FF7+

Edited by Audioboxer