How to use Internet though combination router & Access point?

not to be rude but could you clarify data one connection also could you refer to what OS you are currentley using also for what primary use do you want to share the internet connection if thats what the data one connection is refering to. ie share documents or send data etc hopefully this will help in solving your query

Dataone=brand name of internet connection from my ISP

OS on Notebook = windows vista

OS on PC = Windows Xp sp2

my prime purpose is Internet connection sharing between my notebook(thorugh wifi) & PC(via ethernet)

hope i am clear this time

Perhaps a diagram would help you:

post-22927-1188640016_thumb.png

Connect Router to Internet.

Connect PC to Router via Ethernet (blue network cable).

Connect Wireless Access Point to Router via Ethernet.

Laptop connects to Wireless Access Point.

Configure the Router by typing its IP address (see its manual) from the PC computer in an internet browser.

well the the problem is my modem/router has only one lan port but Access point has a 4 port hub into it so i tried connecting like this:-

===========================================================================================

Main phone line-->Router(d-link) via LAN-->Access point(Tp-link) into the Desiginaed WAN port-->Notebook(wireless) & PC(LAN)

=============================================================================================

now i tried connecting all like this but this does not seems work out of box,

can you give more details like which mode should be used in connecting like bridge,PPPoE etc and in which router.

And what settings are to done in windows of both MAchines.

a step by step help will be appreciated:)

main phone line should be in the WAN port on the tp-link modem, and the ethernet cable to wireless router in the LAN port on the tp-link modem

i believe you need to turn off DHCP on the wireless router; you only need one dhcp server on the network

Ok for starters that is not an accesspoint - its a router.. If you want to use the tp-link as an access point you would not connect your dlink to it on the wan port, but on of its lan ports.

If you want to use it as your router - then you should turn off the nat functions of your dlink device.

If you want to use the tp-link as just an access point, then yes turn off its dchp - an let your dlink provide that.. Change its lan IP to be on the dlink network, an your ready to go.

All access, dhcp, etc would be controlled at your dlink device.

Or you could turn your dlink gateway into just a modem, an use your tp-link device as your NAT router.. If you go that route - you would plug your dlink into the wan port on the tp-link device