Does this look real (enough)?

Question

I've made this logo in photoshop, and been trying to get it to look like a real wax seal.. photorealistic... this is it so far. what do people think?!

post-35556-1188834295.jpg

Edited by a_witko

11 answers to this question

A: What's it for?

B: It would look way better with a white or transparent backgroung

otherwise it looks pretty good, seems a little off but it may just be me.

Reduce the opacity of the highlights a little and see if you can add a little fake SSS to give it a more waxy look and come back :)

(looking very good already though)

A. the logo is for my business

B. the brightness of the rest of the neowin page makes it look real dark... see it in context (sort of) on the construction page - www.witko.com.au

i took a photo of an eagle statue i had an traced it in illustrator, then imported into photoshop... the lighting on the eagle is wrong, but can't be stuffed doing it all again, so im leaving it.

a few friends said it was too shiny too - but all the pictures of wax seals i used as reference were shiny too... i.e. below

dseal-002.gif

i was thinking the eagle was a little too prominent (as a result of lighting effects in ps)... what do you think?!

1. Looks too dark

2. Looks too shiny

3. Too complex for a logo (including the wax effect), if its not the wax, ignore this point.

1. Looks too dark

2. Looks too shiny

3. Too complex for a logo (including the wax effect), if its not the wax, ignore this point.

I agree with sundayx on the complexness. WAY to complex for a logo. Try something more simple. I mean, look at all of the big company logo's. Simple.

I think the detail in the actual stamp is impecable...but candle wax or seal wax is not usually so glossy, I think tone down the highlights, make it a little more matte and you got a nice logo. screw the complexity, I think it's pretty simple, you just might want it larger so people can see the detail.