PR Boss Dave Karraker Quits SCEA

PR boss Dave Karraker quits SCEA

Posted on September 5th, 2007 at 14:25 EDT

Dave Karraker, senior director of corporate communications for Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced his resignation from the company exactly one year after replacing former PR boss Molly Smith in September 2006.

Karraker, who will be leaving the company on September 7th, said in an email that his decision to quit was ?very difficult.? His successor has yet to be announced.

Formally of Allied Demecq Spirits and Wine, Karraker will now be taking up position in familiar territories as head of PR and events for Skyy Spirits from October 1st.

Speaking on his decision to leave SCEA, Karraker told Next-Gen.biz: ?I am saddened to leave such a great group of people, but I have been presented a global opportunity near my home in an industry where I have previous experience that I feel I must pursue?.

?It has been a wild ride and an incredibly enriching experience. I have enjoyed immensely my tenure at SCEA and think the company and its brands are very well positioned to have an exceptional holiday and a very bright future. I look forward to continuing to follow this industry as a gamer, rather than a spokesperson.?

Source: Playstation Universe

It's no secret Sony hasn't had much success lately with their PR. Hopefully this will be a turn for the better.

no wonder you guys have been suffering from their non-stop barrage of PR missteps. put an moonshine seller in charge of promoting a good console and what do you expect.