I ordered my next car!

That's one PITA I'll have to deal with, the keeping it clean. It will be garaged 365 days of the year but it still will show dust very quickly which bothers me but hey... nothing I can do about it :)

Why are you leasing, thats such a ripoff? Not to be rude but I was always under the impression that was never a smart thing to do. And then you are going to buy it? Why don't you just buy it?

FYI - In case you are interested, the new RX8 will be a movie tie in with XMen 2. It will be the "official X-Car" in the movie...

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 3 -- Just a stone's throw from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the back lots of Twentieth Century Fox, a new movie superhero lurks in the shadows of the Los Angeles Convention Center. There's no cape and no mask ... just four wheels, a rotary-powered engine and a ton of Mazda muscle.

When X2, the next X-Men film, hits movie theaters in May, audiences will catch their first glimpse of the Mazda RX-8 X-Men Car on the big screen alongside Hugh Jackman and Oscar-winner Halle Berry. However, the vehicle gets its own in-person premiere this week at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.

In true superhero fashion, the aggressively styled Mazda RX-8 X-Men Car, based on the production model 2004 Mazda RX-8, possesses its own unique super power-in this case, a Renesis 13B water-cooled engine. In addition, its dominant presence is accentuated by an impenetrable Mutant Blue exterior which includes an X-shaped grille, a fierce rear spoiler and an enlarged trademark "X" on the vehicle's nameplate.

On the inside, the Mazda RX-8 X-Men Car is trimmed in imposing silver and black shades, including the door trim, seats and steering wheel. A communication device is prominently displayed on the upper center console.

X2 director Brian Singer worked closely with Mazda on the RX-8 X-Men Car in a unique collaboration to bring the Mazda RX-8, the company's brand icon, to the big screen with a starring role in the film. Singer revised the movie's original script to accommodate the vehicle.

Mazda Motor Corporation and Twentieth Century Fox teamed on the production and are working together to develop promotions to support the film's release.

post-7-1042142189.jpg

Why are you leasing, thats such a ripoff? Not to be rude but I was always under the impression that was never a smart thing to do. And then you are going to buy it? Why don't you just buy it?

Leasing varies from person to person and yes, you do waste more money in the long run.

However, a typical finance runs 4-5 years. If I get bored with the car in three years and sell it, then I've lost money on investment (a car is a depreciating asset). Not to mention, I'll have to continue making payments on the next car.

Instead of making a huge down payment, and huge monthly payments, I can opt to pay lower monthly payments and next to no down payment to get a great car. After three years I will be bored and get something else, and no down payment will still apply and I'll work out a good monthly payment.

Granted, I won't OWN anything in the end but I don't think I'd want to. I like to have the latest and greatest (as much as I can afford), and always have low payments. I personally think it's easier to budget in say, $400 a month for the rest of your life than to save up 10 grand to dump on a car every 5 years. That 400 a month becomes a regular thing and you work your expenses and such to cover it right, and helps you set a personal budget because in a year or two... you will lease another one for a similar price (unless your situation changes, where you can re-adjust your budget).

I'm not going to say leasing is for everybody -- it's not. It's just good for me. Hopefully in three years I'll be making more money and then get something else. And even if I'm not, I can get something DIFFERENT, so I'm not stuck driving the same car for 5 or 6 years. Besides having a car within the warranty period saves me from ANY repairs of any kind (aside from tires and brakes), so that saves on the cash as well.

But like I said, to each his own. It's not for everybody. You have to decide whether it's right for you.

That's one PITA I'll have to deal with, the keeping it clean. It will be garaged 365 days of the year but it still will show dust very quickly which bothers me but hey... nothing I can do about it :)

ok am i reading that wrong or do you not intend to drive it? hehe ;)

yeah keeping a nice rich/dark colour is an extreme PITA to keep clean, but if you love your car (and i can tell you do already) that won't be an issue. I store my car in the fall and bring it out in the spring (no road salt or snow touching my car thanks!) I keep it in a garage any time I'm not driving it. I end up having to wipe it down any time I take it out though lmao

Anyways, nice ride man! Enjoy it :happy:

Thanks alot everybody for your kind comments!

I appreciate it, and when I get the car in late May or June, I'll be sure to do a very 'entertaining' video review and put it online :)

Thanks alot everybody for your kind comments!

I appreciate it, and when I get the car in late May or June, I'll be sure to do a very 'entertaining' video review and put it online :)

*can't wait*

sweet car...i just dont like the hidden rear doors thing (mistake @ mazda). Black is an awsome colour...the one i'd choose. Unless its got a white undercaot (unusual nowadays) it wont scratch bad. The guys got a point bout white tho :x

navigation systems are useless

anyways...

why black

i wouldnt never buy a black or white car

a black car conducts too much heat, easy to see scratch marks

and white tooeasy to be dirtied

the red looks nice already

Take a dark colored vehicle through a dirt road and take a light colored car and see which one looks dirtier I guarentee it wont be the lighter colored one