Free Online RPG Coming to PS3

US, September 15, 2007 - Q's secret PlayStation 3 project has come to light, but it's probably not what you were expecting. The publisher of games like Lumines and Meteos will be showing off its other side for its first PS3 project, a version of the online RPG Angel Love Online.

Released for the PC in December of last year, Angel Love Online places you in Eden, the land of angels. Once you've created a character and mastered the basics of the game through the Angel Academy tutorial mode, you select one of four kingdoms that will serve as the setting for your adventure. You play as a protector of angels, building up your own story as you meet other characters and monsters.

The PC version of Angel Love Online is available as a free download. Q makes money off the game through micro transactions on items.

The PS3 version will retain this same pricing system, with the main game being available for free. While common on the PC, this is a first for home consoles. Q hasn't specified how distribution will take place, but we presume you'll just download the game from the PlayStation Store.

Angel Love Online will be released for the PS3 in December.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/820/820382p1.html

Cool, I had been wondering if somebody might do that for PS3. Will check it out when it comes, as I'm sure hundreds of other users will flock to do the same.

erm, the game isnt free...isnt there a subscription based model that you have to pay for...like WOW...free game but $15/month.

Did you even read the article?

The PC version of Angel Love Online is available as a free download. Q makes money off the game through micro transactions on items.

The PS3 version will retain this same pricing system, with the main game being available for free.

It's free to download and play.

Heres a promo: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zfnIE7oj34g

The narrator needs to die though :|

I've never even heard of this Angel Love Online....wtf and yes my god that announcer needs to DIE WOW.

In any event, hey if the PS3 gets a F2P MMO, I'm all for it, same as if it came out for the 360 or even the Wii.

*edit* Btw, anyone actually PLAYING this on the PC? It doesn't look half bad, but the .tw homepage gives me scary thoughts about badly translated Engrish and stuff like that.