Rumor: Endless Crisis: Final Fantasy VII for PS3, and Kingdom Hearts..

With the approach of Tokyo Game Show which will begin on next 20 September for the press, here the last gross rumour goes back to it coming from the famous Japanese forum 2ch and which lists inter alia a new shutter entitled Endless Crisis Final Fantasy VII on PlayStation 3, like three new episodes of the series Kingdom Hearts to be appeared on PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, and PSP. Nothing official for the moment, this information is of course to take with tweezers, we will know some certainly more in a few hours when the first information coming from the Japanese magazines Famitsu and Shonen Jump is disseminated. To follow.

- Endless Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation 3)

- Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PlayStation 3)

- Kingdom Hearts (temporary title) (PlayStation 3)

- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories 2 (Nintendo DS)

- Kingdom Hearts 0 (PSP)

- Star Ocean 4 (PlayStation 3)

Source: Translated via - http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=99086 , Original Link - http://www.jeux-france.com/news21844_rumeu...quare-enix.html

OMG more teasers/rumours.

I hope the FF7 title is a remake and not some spin off :/

If that whole list comes true/viewable at TGS I think i'll implode :|

Its more likely to be a spin off than a remake of the original FFVII.

I agree, I think that they don't see the remake idea as a very good long-term game. I think that they will contunue to use the game's name as a hype for other titles that "continue" or expand the FFVII story. Besides, the orignal is so damn good, that I don't think a remake would be the same, people would buy it and sit on it because they know the story and what is going to happen, etc.

Remakes seem to work only for games like Warhawk.

Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake, Please be a remake....

Ill give you my first born child....kay?

There is a good chance it may be.

I don't think they would just name it FF7.

At the end of Crisis Core we see "story continues in FF7". Endless Crisis takes "Crisis" from Crisis Core obviously, and therefore it has that continuation "link".

We won't see a plain 1-1 remake. I feel it would be a remake with extra content/possibily characters/longer storyline and therefore it makes sense for the name to be slightly altered :yes:

We've already had 2 FF7 spin offs (Crisis Core, Dirge of cerberus) it's time for the remake!

All it has to be is an official announcement. The game doesn't need to be out for a while... Just a note to say it's in development ;)

We've already had 2 FF7 spin offs (Crisis Core, Dirge of cerberus) it's time for the remake!

Don't forget Before Crisis and Advent Children! Enough of the spin-offs -- AC was crap, DoC was crap, and BC isn't exactly an exciting prospect -- just give us what we want! WE HAVE MUNNIES!!!

I never played FF VII. Shame really. I have been told countless stories and times that the game really was brilliant and up there in the Top 5 of best games ever.

I saw the 'tech demo' of FF VII for PS3 in 2005, and was blown away. I thought, I want that game to be remade, as it looked brilliant in the Next Gen graphics.

Also the reason I won't buy the PS1 copy is because I find it hard to go back a generation of games, never mind two. The graphics and animations just look so poor compared to today's standards.

I never played FF VII. Shame really. I have been told countless stories and times that the game really was brilliant and up there in the Top 5 of best games ever.

I saw the 'tech demo' of FF VII for PS3 in 2005, and was blown away. I thought, I want that game to be remade, as it looked brilliant in the Next Gen graphics.

Also the reason I won't buy the PS1 copy is because I find it hard to go back a generation of games, never mind two. The graphics and animations just look so poor compared to today's standards.

Play the PC version then.

Anyways, this is really, really great news for PS3 owners (if SE stays exclusive to Sony) and RPG fans. Sadly the original source is 2ch... they are usually right about news and stuff but the whole place is made up of fanboys of one thing or another so it only takes one idiot to start claims/rumors :p

Square Enix aren't Sony exclusive. They make DS games, and have made PC and Xbox 360 game(s).

Again though what type of state is the PC version in? Is it the same 'last gen' feel? I think I shouldn't spoil the game, by playing it on an old system. I think I should wait and see what happens with the remake, and if it doesn't get announced, go and find a copy of the old version and settle for that.

Would like a Next Gen version. But one has to question, when should we expect it? 2009 at the earliest? As FF13 and Versus, are taking up a lot of resources over at Square at the moment.

Square Enix aren't Sony exclusive. They make DS games, and have made PC and Xbox 360 game(s).

Again though what type of state is the PC version in? Is it the same 'last gen' feel? I think I shouldn't spoil the game, by playing it on an old system. I think I should wait and see what happens with the remake, and if it doesn't get announced, go and find a copy of the old version and settle for that.

Would like a Next Gen version. But one has to question, when should we expect it? 2009 at the earliest? As FF13 and Versus, are taking up a lot of resources over at Square at the moment.

Sorry, I was talking about FF13 (and possibly this new FF7) in general which is unlikely to got to 360 and definetly not Wii.

As for the PC version, it's a direct port but you can pretty up the graphics with high resolution patches made from 3rd party modders. It still isn't todays PS3 or 360 standards but it's the best FF7 is gonna get without a remake.

Sorry, I was talking about FF13 (and possibly this new FF7) in general which is unlikely to got to 360 and definetly not Wii.

As for the PC version, it's a direct port but you can pretty up the graphics with high resolution patches made from 3rd party modders. It still isn't todays PS3 or 360 standards but it's the best FF7 is gonna get without a remake.

Best way to play on the PC is to get the PSX version and emulate it. Then you can pretty it up to the max and enjoy the game without bugs and what not.

The PC version is horrid, runs at 640x480 and contains midi music instead of mp3 music :x

Oh right. Thanks cool. I will see over the period of TGS and wait to see if an announcement is made. If not off to a game store or online to find FF7 on PC.

EDIT - Ah, either way will do me. May get both, they probably seel for pennies, so just get the PC version and PS1 version!

Best way to play on the PC is to get the PSX version and emulate it. Then you can pretty it up to the max and enjoy the game without bugs and what not.

The PC version is horrid, runs at 640x480 and contains midi music instead of mp3 music :x

I played it at 1280x960 hi res :p

Emulator is a good way to go too, using certain video plugins will spice up the graphics a lot. I still prefer the PC version tho :p

Ah, either way will do me. May get both, they probably seel for pennies, so just get the PC version and PS1 version!

The PS version actually still sells at full price (if not way more!) even tho they are used on ebay and amazon.com. The popularity of this game is really crazy...