Jose Mourinho Sacked !

Theres a difference between resigning and being sacked.

Sky News.

Mourinho Quits Chelsea, Say Reports

Updated: 00:34, Thursday September 20, 2007

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has quit the London club, according to reports.

The reason for his reported departure is not known. But he has spoken of his frustration at the team's inability to score goals after a string of lacklustre performances.

'Chelsea boss leaves London club'But he refused to blame his strikers after Rosenborg held Chelsea's millionaires to a 1-1 draw in their Champions League opener.

The Portuguese coach was clearly frustrated and alarmed by his team's failure to score more than one goal against the Norwegians even though they created a hatful of opportunities.

Mourinho declared: "Of course I am alarmed. I am not happy. We cannot score goals.

"I am disappointed but the history of the game was simple, we had 20 chances and scored one goal. So maybe we need 40 chances to score two - and 60 to score three."

More follows...

Shame, im a Man Utd fan, but Jose was a laugh! :no:

Hope he stays in Premier league like Sven.

Strange Sky Sports website isn't carrying it now...it all hinges on a few reports of text messages.

Yep, hopefully get some statments or press conference tomorrow morning.

Guardian website has:

Mourinho is understood to have sent text messages to five players at 6pm last night and by midnight the entire first-team squad were aware that he had left.

@Martyn... Seems you Loserpool supporters can't spell :p ;) (yeah it was lame.)

If he stayed for Sunday, Chelsea have a good chance of losing again. I dobut he wants another loss, when he's looking for new club.

Some people reckon he might go to Spurs.

Update...

Now saying he was sacked

Sky News

'Mourinho Sacked By Chelsea Billionaire'

Updated: 01:14, Thursday September 20, 2007

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been sacked following a bust-up with owner Roman Abramovich, according to reports.

'Chelsea boss leaves London club'There has been speculation over his future after a string of lacklustre performances.

The "Special One" is said to have sent text messages to John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba wishing them "good luck in the rest of your career" and saying he was leaving the club this morning.

The reports follow the Blues' disappointing Champions League draw at home to Norwegian minnows Rosenborg on Tuesday.

There has been no confirmation yet from the club.

The 44-year-old is said to have been frustrated for some time with the perceived interference of Abramovich in team affairs.

Mourinho was unhappy with the ?30m arrival of Andrei Shevchenko, a striker much admired by Abramovich.

'Frank Lampard and John Terry were sent text messages'Abramovich walked out early from Chelsea's 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa earlier this season, and he will not have enjoyed Tuesday's poor result.

Mourinho refused to blame his strikers after Rosenborg held Chelsea's millionaires to a 1-1 draw.

But the Portuguese coach was clearly frustrated and alarmed by his team's failure to score more than one goal against the Norwegians even though they created a hatful of opportunities.

Mourinho declared after the match: "Of course I am alarmed. I am not happy. We cannot score goals.

"I am disappointed but the history of the game was simple, we had 20 chances and scored one goal. So maybe we need 40 chances to score two - and 60 to score three."

@Martyn... Seems you Loserpool supporters can't spell :p ;) (yeah it was lame.)

If he stayed for Sunday, Chelsea have a good chance of losing again. I dobut he wants another loss, when he's looking for new club.

Some people reckon he might go to Spurs.

Oh look, a Man Utd fan...from...Newport ;)?

The only reason he is being linked to Spurs is because Jol's job is insecure, doubt he will go there though.

Jos? to Spurs?...don't make me laugh they are rivals and that would be so bad, it would be like Fabregas leaving Arsenal for Spurs.

I can see him returning to Portugal or Spain.

Oh look, a Man Utd fan...from...Newport ;)?

Yep, supporting em since I was young.

I need a bit more excitement than Conference South(Newport County) :( shame really. As soon as we reach League 2 i'll be there!.

I need a bit more excitement than Conference South(Newport County) :( shame really. As soon as we reach League 2 i'll be there!.

A bit like me I could support Bognor Regis Town but they are in Southern Conference as well right near the bottom.

Oh look, a Man Utd fan...from...Newport ;) ?

The only reason he is being linked to Spurs is because Jol's job is insecure, doubt he will go there though.

surprised to see you're from liverpool, most people i know from there don't support liverpool, and those that support liverpool that i know, aren't from liverpool :p

surprised to see you're from liverpool, most people i know from there don't support liverpool, and those that support liverpool that i know, aren't from liverpool :p

:laugh:!

I take it you have never been to Liverpool/don't know many Scousers!! Anfield is full to the brim every game, and there is a fifteen year waiting list for season tickets...read into that what you want. Now Everton on the other hand hardly ever fill there stadium...!

But everybody knows people from Manchester only support Man City, whereas Man Utd has a following from glory hunting supporters all over the world ;)

Chelsea have confirmed that Avram Grant has replaced Jose Mourinho as the new manager at Stamford Bridge.

The Israeli, who was the club's director of football, will take charge alongside Steve Clarke.

"The club is delighted that in Avram we have an experienced man who can come in at a difficult time," said the club.

BBC Sport revealed the news on Thursday morning as Mourinho said an emotional farewell to players at the club's training ground in Cobham, Surrey.

hahahahahhahaha, about damn time, i used to like chelsea until his ignorant self got there

I wouldn't say he was ignorant, maybe arrogant but he had the stats to back it and I think there was also a sense of dry humour behind a lot of his comments. He was good for the EPL and I think it's a shame he has gone...coming from a Fulham fan.

I agree with Brodel he brought alot to the premiership with his tactics and the way he played the game he will be missed but I feel maybe he walked a bit early but now its gonna be chop and change at stamford bridge until they get the man they want which is Hiddink.