Bye bye X-Fi... Hello Asus Xonar D2

You're in love Asus, aren't ya?
Noooo... :p

He just have few Asus high-end motherboards, an Asus DVD Writer, an Asus 8800GTS, an Asus CPU Cooler and now, an Asus Sound Card...

He really don't smell the Fanboism... :rofl: :p

img0094iq0.jpg

Just got my Asus Xonar D2, from Asus :D Looks like an incredible sound card, cant wait to install it.

Bye bye X-Fi XtremeMusic :p

looking forward to your review of it on your site :D

Remember eax might not exist anymore with vista . Isnt vista douilg openal (might have the name wrong) and made eax all screwed up?

How does the sound compare to the xfi series. I dont care about the cpu usage. I have a core 2 duo wich doesnt get used much so I dont mind . lol

Does anyone else notice that the driver's configuration UI bear resemblance to C-Media's, which is also used with AuzenTech sound cards (excluding the Prelude)

I think the Asus sound chip is a rebranded C-Media one, or is a clone.

Auzen X-Meridian Info Tab in sound card driver UI:

post-3202-1190462647_thumb.jpg

Xonar Info section in sound card driver UI:

post-3202-1190462671.png

Noooo... :p

He just have few Asus high-end motherboards, an Asus DVD Writer, an Asus 8800GTS, an Asus CPU Cooler and now, an Asus Sound Card...

He really don't smell the Fanboism... :rofl: :p

Just "a few" :p Not that much... lol

Does anyone else notice that the driver's configuration UI bear resemblance to C-Media's, which is also used with AuzenTech sound cards (excluding the Prelude)

I think the Asus sound chip is a rebranded C-Media one, or is a clone.

The Asus Xonar D2 uses the CMI 8788 Oxygen HD processor, not necessary a rebrand though -- the rest of it is pretty much self built/configured. (Burr Brown DACs, etc) :p

Just installed it into my old computer today... here's a pic :)

img0102dg7.jpg

Top: All in Wonder 9800 Pro, Asus Xonar D2, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2. Notice the Xonar is larger than the 9800, lol :p