[cricket]India 20-20 World Champions

Misbah was a moron to play that shot. If he played it easy, Pakistan had the cup. How hard was 6 runs from 4 balls for him?

Yeah, but you cant really put it all on him. what if it had come off?. Pakistan played really well to get soo close after being 78/6 at one time.

overall awesome tournament.. We beating South Africa and then Australia - both along with this were probably the best matches of the competition. .

good game. it did look like pakistan were going to crumble in standard fashion (i.e. every world cup) but turned out to be a thriller... shame they didn't hold on for the last couple balls.

Misbah was a moron to play that shot. If he played it easy, Pakistan had the cup. How hard was 6 runs from 4 balls for him?

Are you serious? The match wouldn't have been that close had it not been for his awesome hitting. Yes, the loss hurts but when you're out there in the field under pressure, what can you do? Misbah played damn good and I'm damn proud of that. The problem was with Afridi, Hafeez, Akmal, etc who barely scored and put the pressure on the lower order and I believe that really cost us the match. Heck, even Sohail hit a couple of sixes before getting out!

Overall though, this was probably one of the best India-Pakistan games ever.

That was a fantastic event. Completely befitting an India-Pakistan match. I would say both teams would have deserved to win the cup on the basis of their performance in the final. I thought Pakistan were cruising until they lost several wickets quite cheaply. Great bowling by the Indians, who didn't choke this time around.

Are you serious? The match wouldn't have been that close had it not been for his awesome hitting. Yes, the loss hurts but when you're out there in the field under pressure, what can you do? Misbah played damn good and I'm damn proud of that. The problem was with Afridi, Hafeez, Akmal, etc who barely scored and put the pressure on the lower order and I believe that really cost us the match. Heck, even Sohail hit a couple of sixes before getting out!

Overall though, this was probably one of the best India-Pakistan games ever.

No doubt, props where it's due, to the Indian team, and for Misbah for showing good talent.

But it was his inexperience that caused him to misjudge the hit. He really made a big mistake. He had 4 balls to make 6 runs, and going by his earlier performance, the match could've ended with one more hit off the ball. But whats happened has happened.

Another shameful piece of batting was from Afridi. But the person who could be blamed the most, would be Younus Khan, even with his experience, the younger players outclassed him.

Great bowling by the Indians, who didn't choke this time around.

To me both teams comprise of chokers , but the question was who is the bigger choker under pressure , i guess it was Pakistan but not Misbah , if it werent for him Pakistan would have suffered a humiliating loss, then again you look at it the Pakis did a very good job to restrict Yuvi & Dhoni , cux if they got away it could pretty much have been unchasable target for Pakistan.

India did everybody proud & the goverment has awarded the team 3 Million $ for doing so well & yuvraj gets 250000 $ extra for hitting the six sixes.

Not to mention we did it without a blabbermouth coach like Jeff Lawson or our very own Sachin , Sourav , Dravid & Zaheer .

So here i am feeling very proud of our victory & also with a sense of security that India will have a bright future even after the above said 4 players are gone .

God bless India & Pakistan ( after all we we are two brothers arent we ? )

P.S. - Pakastani Cricketers need to seriously improve their English ( Problably take some English coaching lessons for Blabbermouth Jeff Lawson cuz he looks pretty useless to me apart from his " look at me i have anal glaucoma " attitude

OMFG! What a bloody amazing match and equally amazing tournament it was! Long live Twenty-20! I hope it starts happening on a more frequent basis.

India played really well and Pathan bowled well in the middle to get some wickets! Misbah also played well to get Pakistan back in it in the end and almost won it.

Good game and good tournament and bye-bye till 2009!

PS - INDIA ARE 20-20 WORLD CHAMPIONS! GO INDIA!

Yeah it was a good match and thankfully an exciting final unlick the ODI world cup earlier this year. Pakistan fans shouldn't blame Misbah too much as he was the main reason that Pakistan got that close. I almost couldn't watch when it went down to the final over. Well done to both teams, especially after the disappointments of the World Cup.

Can someone explain what the difference between the 20-20 world cup and the world cup ireland was in last year is?

And why are the teams like Australia knocked out when Pakistan who were crap last year make the final?

Can someone explain what the difference between the 20-20 world cup and the world cup ireland was in last year is?

And why are the teams like Australia knocked out when Pakistan who were crap last year make the final?

Got from Yahoo Answers.

The following are the main differences in the rules between ODI and Twenty/20 cricket.

1) Each side can bat maximum of 20 overs as against 50 overs in ODI.

2) Minimum of 5 overs to be bowled to constitute a match in T20 as compared to 20 overs in ODI

3) The incoming batsman gets only 90 seconds to face the next ball in T20 and as such players sits in the dugouts near the boundary instead of pavillion.

4) No bowler can bowl more than 4 overs in T20 as against 10 overs in ODI.

5) In the first 6 overs only two fielders can be placed outside thje 30 yard circle and for the remaining 14 overs not more than 5 fielders can be outside the circle in T20 as against the 3 power plays of 20 overs in ODI.

6) In the event of a No ball batting side gets 2 runs and the batsman can get a free hit. Batsman cannot be given out except in run out in a free hit.

7) In the event of a tie, winner will be decided by bowl out.

so.. its even faster than one day internationals?

oh..ok

Thanks (Y)

Yep & we are the Champs ( After beating Australia, South Africa , England & Pakistunned in a row)