[VS] Vienna 2 - Spectrum

i agree that everyone has different tastes, and my saying that skin is horrible is just my opinion, not to be taken as fact, however my point was to basically show that you can't accept these statements as fact even when they are positive, just because some people on some sites say your theme is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean that's a fact. I like stardock as a company, i think they are doing some great things that nobody else can seem to begin to compete with.. but in my opinion the whole wincustomize community is garbage, which is what i think gave stardock and windowblinds a bad name, because of the past everyone has come to expect bulky bloated themes and skins because wincustomize has always displayed just that and i think it's hard for people here to get past that and actually look there for a good skin, even though they DO exist. I just think that the majority, a LARGE majority of people who post there choose to be "nice" instead of being "honest" or giving constructive critisism. Just because something is downloaded 5000 times, doesn't mean jack when those 5000 people have used it once and moved on to something else, which is what i can only imagine happens with some of those completely unusable themes. I don't agree with some comments that were posted here about themes, such as "feeds more troll food", it doesn't help anything, but neither does saying "wow, awesome job, best theme i've ever seen" when in fact it's OBVIOUS and very much a fact that the skinner doesn't have a clue about skinning.

You're right. Although I am a (paying) Stardock customer I can't associate myself with that community for the very reasons you described above. The artists who have a single clue about the basic principles of balancing usability and artistic freedom are far outnumbered by so-called artists firing up PSP and overusing gradients and bevels on Wincustomize.

That being said, the skin you linked (this one) is, in my opinion, not that bad. Could be a bit too much brushed metal and gloss, but the colour choices make sense. But let's take a look at another 4-star skin (over here). Can someone please nicely explain to me just what in this skin makes it 4-star worthy? Or check out all this skins by this author. See a pattern here? Talk about being overrated. I guess this style of "artistic" colourful skins isn't exactly favoured by the community, especially when something like Xero's old Tiger skin gets only 2.5 stars.

Now, on topic: this WB doesn't look all bad. I'll probably load it up and see how it runs (I'm stuck with Acrylic until someone can release something that is clean, wise in choice of colours, and uses Segoe UI as fonts).

wise in choice of colours

You mean what you think is a wise choice? What is wise? Blue and Grey? Green and Beige? Black and White? and once you determine that wise choice.. is every WB thereafter not using these colors going to be ridiculed because of unwise color choices? Try making theme after theme after theme and keep "wise" color choices in mind. It's not easy. ;)

• 1 month later...

ANY blind can be recolored...and very well these days because the recoloring feature has been improved so much...and ANY WB can have any and all fonts instantly substituted by the font of your choice...font override in WB works pretty well these days.