GT5P New Information

GT5: Prologue has been delayed in Japan - in October there will only be a FREE DEMO available on the PSN with 7 (new?) cars and Suzuka track in Time-Trail mode.

gt05.jpg

Full-game (Prologue) has been postponed to 13th December, as both PSN download and Blu-Ray release:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/

gt04.jpg

Confirmed for North America! (Y)

Gran Tursimo?5 Prologueb>

FACT SHEET

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA)

Developer: Polyphony Digital, Inc.

Platform: PLAYSTATION?3 (PS3?)

Genre: Racing

Rating: ?RP? for Rating Pending

OVERVIEW

With more than 47 million units shipped worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo? franchise has raced far beyond a driving simulator experience; it is a global lifestyle. Setting the bar to unprecedented heights of realism, quality of design and physics technology with every product release, famed developer Polyphony Digital, Inc. continues to obscure the line between simulation and reality with the newest iteration of its blockbuster franchise, Gran Turismo? 5 Prologue, exclusively for PLAYSTATION?3 (PS3?).

Available on Blu-ray Disc? (BD) and as a download via PLAYSTATION?Network, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue showcases the automotive experience that is imminent with Gran Turismo 5. Featuring over 40 meticulously detailed cars -- including vehicles by Ferrari, Lotus and Nissan -- for users to race on five beautifully rendered tracks from around the globe, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning Full High Definition at 1080p. Additionally, in conjunction with a robust offline experience, for the first time in the history of the franchise Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will support up to 16 players racing head-to-head online, complete with global leaderboards, to quell any question of who is the best driver in the ?World of GT.? Furthermore, a feature called My Garage allows users to develop a personal profile page within the game and interact with other car enthusiasts from around the globe.

Dedicated to expanding the user?s immersion in automotive culture, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature access to Gran Turismo? TV, a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PLAYSTATION Network that delivers some of the greatest motorsport and manufacturer content that television has to offer.

KEY FEATURES

* A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.

* Race 30 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars, including vehicles from Ferrari, Lotus, Nissan and Mitsubishi.

* Race on five stunningly realistic tracks, including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka ? then race them in reverse and with alternative routes.

* A new physics engine delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, this new physics engine provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.

* A new in-cockpit view provides a unique perspective for racers and features a customized dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

* All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience

* Access to Gran Turismo TV: a world of great motoring TV programming online through PLAYSTATION Network.

* My Garage is a personalized homepage feature with a friends list, chat functionality and personal game records to expand the interaction between car enthusiasts in the world of GT.

* Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tires, suspension and much more.

* All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)

* Photo Mode gives players the opportunity to photograph their car during the race where they can take advantage of zoom, depth of field and motion blur.

FRANCHISE STATISTICS

North American sales - More than 17.77 million units shipped

* Gran Turismo? (May 1998 release): 3.99 million

* Gran Turismo?2 (December 1999 release): 3.96 million

* Gran Turismo 3 A-spec (July 2001 release): 7.12 million (Includes GT3 Racing Pack)

* Gran Turismo 4 (February 2005 release): 5.69 million

Worldwide sales - More than 47.22 million units shipped (including GT Concept and GT4 Prologue, which only released in Europe and Asia)

* Gran Turismo: more than 10.85 million

* Gran Turismo 2: more than 9.37 million

* Gran Turismo 3 A-spec: more than 14.87 million (Includes GT3 Racing Pack)

* Gran Turismo 4: more than 9.21 million

Great franchise and looks like it will carry on. Hope SCEE announce that Europe will be getting this. I am definetly getting this on Blu ray. I got Warhawk over the PSN but I want the disc for this.

GT5P can't come quick enough.

GT1, GT2 = PS1

GT3, GT4 = PS2

It's quite obvious the second game Polyphony Digital releases on a console is always the best game. GT2>GT1, GT4>GT3, the difference in graphics between GT4 and GT3 is quite amazing, imagine what the difference will be this time around? :woot:

This and Ratchet & Clank are definite must buys. ;)

GT1, GT2 = PS1

GT3, GT4 = PS2

It's quite obvious the second game Polyphony Digital releases on a console is always the best game. GT2>GT1, GT4>GT3, the difference in graphics between GT4 and GT3 is quite amazing, imagine what the difference will be this time around? :woot:

This and Ratchet & Clank are definite must buys. ;)

What you're saying doesn't make sense. GT1 sold more than GT2 and GT3 sold more than GT4.

What you're saying doesn't make sense. GT1 sold more than GT2 and GT3 sold more than GT4.

No, he is saying that the second GT game on the PS1 (GT2) and PS2(GT4) its better than the first one (GT1 on PS1 and GT3 on PS2), not that they sold more.

To me every GT game its getting better and better.

I want GT5 Prologue but if they charge something like $20. :D If they charge like $40 Im just going to wait until GT5.

yeah. is it free? it states Bluray release...so as in packaged media? that cant be free.

edit: what car is that in the pictures? G37?

im guessing if its on disk you will have to pay a small amount for disk and package

GT5 Prologue is not free, the demo is the free one.

GT5: Prologue Demo (7 cars, Time Trial and Suzuka Track) is free, coming in October

GT5: Prologue Blu-Ray and PSN download (more cars, tracks, the TV thing and more) is going to cost money, coming in December

GT5 Prologue is not free, the demo is the free one.

GT5: Prologue Demo (7 cars, Time Trial and Suzuka Track) is free, coming in October

GT5: Prologue Blu-Ray and PSN download (more cars, tracks, the TV thing and more) is going to cost money, coming in December

i thought they said Prologue was going to be free. first they said it would be $20, then they announced it was free. ??

i know the GAME GT5 will cost money, but shouldnt the Prologue thing be free?

I think im just a little confused on their naming. Whats the one with 16 player online?

No, he is saying that the second GT game on the PS1 (GT2) and PS2(GT4) its better than the first one (GT1 on PS1 and GT3 on PS2), not that they sold more.

To me every GT game its getting better and better.

I want GT5 Prologue but if they charge something like $20. :D If they charge like $40 Im just going to wait until GT5.

Yep, the second one has ALWAYS been better depending on how you looked at it (graphics, audio, etc), look at the difference in GT3 and GT4, the difference in graphics was like a whole new console. That's what I'm saying :D

Japan gets a demo of the Prologue, early, then they get the Prologue which is the demo of GT5, which comes out later 08'... ;)