New PS3 SKU now being referred to in advertising

The new SKU found at the FCC is now listed on the flyer for the 5 Blu-ray disc offer...shouldn't be long now then!

http://www.bluraysavings.com/

Has CECHG01 listed as a PS3 that is eligible...that is the one at the FCC right now.

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-71098.aspx

I think this ties into

Rumor: Sony Big Bang Announcement Coming October 12th

Sony supposedly has a big announcement on October 12th according to GamePro France. Until then, all we can do is speculate.

"Indeed, it seems that the dated October 12, 2007 one was chosen by Sony to make an enough important advertisement to be qualified in-house ?big-bang?"?

Source: http://n4g.com/News-71113.aspx

&

Rumor: France 40GB PS3 (w/ BR Spiderman 3) 399?

Wazoo, a poster at neogaf.com is reporting that a 40gb Ps3 with Spiderman 3 will be announced next week, the bundle will cost 399?. Along with the 60GB PS3 (w/ PES2008) at 499?.

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-71099.aspx

Something is co:png anyway :p

A new sku isn't very exciting imo, especially when it's a downgrade. It will be good news I guess for some who don't want to pay the high prices for the PS3.

We should really have a definite thread for all these 40gb rumours :p

A new sku isn't very exciting imo, especially when it's a downgrade. It will be good news I guess for some who don't want to pay the high prices for the PS3.

Ahaha... one minute everyones saying the PS3 costs too much then the next minute it isn't "exciting" :p

I already proved in another topic if you buy a 40GB you'll save $100 and can upgrade your drive yourself to like a 120/150 for less than the difference.

I for one think a cheap PS3 with a bundled game/movie to be very "exciting" for Sony. Not necessarily for me as I own my PS3 ;)

I'm not hating on the PS3 here, I just don't see it as a big announcement. Price drops happen, it's nothing new. As for the SKU, if those absurd rumours are true that they are removing USB, wireless and BC then it's nothing great at all.

Just have to wait and see what this announcement is, but really it's nothing big imo if it is the 40gb sku.

edit: PS3 does cost too much, no matter who you are :p

Don't call it a downgrade. Consider it an upgrade from the 20 GB ;)

Don't call it a downgrade. Consider it an upgrade from the 20 GB ;)

heh true :p Although Sony stopped production of it, why would they bother with a 40gb version. It will sell just as bad surely and it costs them more to produce them too (come off a different line in the factory etc). What they really want to do is just lower the price of the 60/80GB versions and bundle some games or movies. Not creating another sku (N)

heh true :p Although Sony stopped production of it, why would they bother with a 40gb version. It will sell just as bad surely and it costs them more to produce them too (come off a different line in the factory etc). What they really want to do is just lower the price of the 60/80GB versions and bundle some games or movies. Not creating another sku (N)

It's $100 cheaper though (or rumoured to be)

I've already said the 40GB will be the best buy for us techie folk as well.

Save $100 and upgrade the drive yourself.

The new SKU won't be crippled. You can bet your boots on it. The only thing i'd even say may be dropped is wireless. Nothing else.

Hmmm PS3 with Spiderman3 for $399 and with tax and after the discount I can get in walmart it will cost me around $384 (yep with tax included). I'm still going to buy spiderman anyways and I need a blu-ray/DVD player for my room so for that price maybe I'll get one for my room.

Now if the 40GB is true I have to decide between the PS3 or iPod Touch hehe.

Gotta love the rumors.

:D

They HAVE to take advantage of PES2008 being released to sell as many consoles as they can.

And in the meantime, they should release good games , and keep on promoting BD.