UFC 78 : Validation

With Randy injured, Rampage wanting to rest out the remainder of 2007, Middleweight the month before, Welterweights busy with TUF, it only leaves the Lightweight division. Talking of which, what did happen with Sherk and Franca?

They could always shock the world and debut Fedor, give him an easy match to start off with. Someone who won't be the UFC for much longer, someone who would be an "easy" introduction in to the Octogon for Fedor... Give him CroCop! :p

No one is easy in UFC anymore, its all tough and Fedor could get pwned in first match so they might just stick him in there with Randy so if he does lose he loses to someone good ;)

I was being sarcastic about putting him up against CroCop, but then when you think about it, it could be a top earner, "Fedor vs. CroCop 2" Make or break match for CroCop. I mean if he beats Fedor in the Octogon, that would probably elevate him straight back to high ranks in the HW division.

Hmmm... I thought they were gonna give Rashad Evans a rematch against Tito Ortiz. Anyway, unless Bisping improves significantly since his last few fights, he can wave goodbye to his unbeaten streak!

It's a funny main event though, where does the winner go from here? Surely not a title shot, because there are far too many guys higher up in the queue IMO. These 2 haven't exactly set the world alight in the Octogon.

Hours after the UFC announced that a light-heavyweight bout between Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping will headline UFC 78, the organization announced an additional bout for the Nov. 17 event: Houston Alexander (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) vs. Thiago Silva (11-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC).

^ Now that seems like a fight worth watching! If Alexander keeps up his blistering run then he'll be running for Rampage in no time. I've not yet seen Silva, but perfect record, definately makes this fight a mouth watering prospect!

UFC light heavyweight Matt Hamill, who lost a controversial split decision to Michael Bisping last month at UFC 75 (and subsequently was promised an immediate rematch), is ?in shock? after learning that Bisping will first fight Rashad Evans at UFC 78.

The former cast member from ?The Ultimate Fighter 3? posted a message on his personal website, matthamill.com, saying he ?got hosed by the judges in London? and that he is now getting the same treatment from Bisping and the UFC.

Late last month, Hamill announced that he had undergone minor knee surgery but had hoped to rematch Bisping Dec. 29 at UFC 79. Instead, the UFC announced yesterday that Bisping vs. Evans would headline a Nov. 17 show in Newark, N.J.

?Wow! Let me just say (that) I am in shock,? Hamill wrote. ?First, I get hosed by two judges in London and now the much anticipated rematch has evaporated in front of my eyes.?

Hamill feels his surgery may have had something to do with the decision.

?I posted a statement about my knee surgery on 9/25 so everyone would know it was minor, and I would be ready by mid December,? Hamill wrote. ?I didn?t think six weeks was that long of a wait (but) apparently Bisping and the UFC did.?

Hamill, a three-time NCAA Division III national wrestling champoim, wrote that he?d like to fight in the UFC in December or January and and that he would like the rematch with Bisping after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i didn't think it was a great event... i expected more from houston alexander, although i still thought he would lose, i thought it should have lasted longer. Also, i knew as well as everyone that rashad would beat bisping, and bisping's arrogance is getting ridiculous since the win (loss) over matt hamill, however even after this fight bisping told joe rogan that he thought he won the fight.. is this guy retarded, surely someone has got to be feeding him this information because he lost his last 2 fights badly.

About Rashad.. i'm a big fan of the guy, but he's not a top contender at all, although he's a great fighter and very well rounded, his fights are just not over the top or exciting, and that's gonna be what holds him back.

i didn't think it was a great event... i expected more from houston alexander, although i still thought he would lose, i thought it should have lasted longer. Also, i knew as well as everyone that rashad would beat bisping, and bisping's arrogance is getting ridiculous since the win (loss) over matt hamill, however even after this fight bisping told joe rogan that he thought he won the fight.. is this guy retarded, surely someone has got to be feeding him this information because he lost his last 2 fights badly.

About Rashad.. i'm a big fan of the guy, but he's not a top contender at all, although he's a great fighter and very well rounded, his fights are just not over the top or exciting, and that's gonna be what holds him back.

Yeah I am pleased even tho he's British that Bisping lost because after his last fight against Hammil he really didn't deserve to be having this match they should of been a rematch but of course hammil is out at the moment with injury but I am sure that will go down still.